I am certified in Elementary Education and have 18 years experience in the classroom and tutoring. I teach to the whole child, believe in a hands on, engaging activities with individualized lessons based on student needs and interests. The goal is success!
I have been teaching and giving lessons for 18 years. I have taught grades 1-4 over the years with great success. My students have meet their goals or exceeded them, based on grade level standards. They also become confident and motivated learners.
I am willing to be flexible with my rates based on intensity of instruction needed, frequency and location for conducting lessons.
Educational Horizons Charter School, August 3, 2016-May 24, 2018
Reading Teacher- Grade 1 and Grade 2
• Write and execute lesson plans that appeal to all learning styles and student individual needs
• Incorporate the Montessori Philosphy and materials into literacy lessons
• Assess and evaluate reading levels of students
• Assist struggling students to improve their literacy skills
• Create and examine data to measure success of literacy program and instruction
Mila Elementary, August 8, 2014-November 17, 2015
Teacher-Grade 1, Grade 2
• Implemented Daily 5 Reading and Daily 3 Math
• Develop curriculum map and specific lessons
• Developed and implemented Understanding by Design unit
• Developed and implemented Profession Growth Plan for literature centers to increase vocabulary acquisition and reading success with 85% success
Freedom 7 Elementary, School of International Studies, October 6, 2003 – May 23, 2014
Teacher-Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 4, Grade 3
• Develped curriculum map, lessons and resources for grades K-6 focused on the IB/Primary Years Program units of Inquiry using Microsoft Exel, Word and Google Docs
• Implemented curriculum map and lessons with grade level team
• Lead team with implementing new standards for Language Arts
• Developed and implemented Professional Growth Plan in using the multiple intelligences
Port Malabar Elementary School, August 1, 2002-May 22, 2003
• Developed AIP’s for students working below grade level with 90% success
• Utilized power writing and six traits to strengthen students writing skills
Columbia Elementary School, September 25, 2000-May 23, 2002
Teacher- Grade 2
• Launched the Accelerated Reader program
• Developed and implemented literacy centers
• Implemented the ITI life skills/lifelong guidelines
Post Baccalaureate Degree, Elementary Education, Central Connecticut State University – 1998
Bachelor of Science, Business Management, Springfield College – 1990
State of Florida Department of Education, Professional Educator’s Certificate Grades 1-6
ESOL Endorsement- September 2015
My daughter had Mrs. Mann as a teacher for two years. She was struggling with reading and Mrs. Mann was able to take her from struggling to excelling. She went from below average and disliking reading to above average and loving to read. I was able to drop my daughter off knowing that she was in excellent hands with a teacher who actually cared about her as a whole. We adore Suzanne and would highly recommend her to anyone. She’s an amazing educator and amazing person.
Suzanne and I were team teachers at Freedom 7 we taught second grade. She is an excellent teacher . Her students and parents loved her. She is innovative and teachers the students to be self reliant and ready to learn. Her students were very successful. She would be an excellent tutor for your child. She has experience in all subject areas and grade levels. Your child will be lucky to have such a talented teacher.
I have had the pleasure of knowing Suzanne for nearly 30 years. She has been a trusted confidant, friend and above all a great teacher. Suzanne always strives to do great things and influence those she works with. She has a heart of gold and a quick mind.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||$125||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||$220||$300|