My teaching methodology is to build from the ground up, and cater to the individual. The student must be eager and attentive for proper learning, so a comfortable environment and congenial disposition are essential. Normally students specify areas of focus for lessons.
I am recent graduate from Beloit College with a B.S. in Physics. In 2019 I will be abroad in Ningbo, China teaching English. My experience helping student with math and science has been very effective with those in high school or younger.
Beloit College, Beloit, Wisconsin
Graduation: May 2018
Bachelor of Science
Majors: Physics, Pre-Engineering Professional Program
Academic Scholarship 2014-2018
Relevant Courses: Dynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Electromagnetism, Statistical Mechanics, Digital Electronics, Computational & Numerical Methods, Vector Calculus, Differential Equations, Data Structures & Algorithms, Object-Oriented Programming, Modern Physics, Metalworking, Accounting & Business Finance, Mathematical Statistics, Microeconomics, Mathematical Methods, Linear Algebra, Cognitive Robotics, Chemistry
Beloit College Physics Department
Senior Capstone, Spring 2018
• Researched and analyzed the thermal energy involved in machining processes. Numerical analysis of Fourier’s law and industry specific equations.
Machine Shop, Fall 2016 – Spring 2017
• Assisted with machining parts as needed for Beloit College physics department and particle accelerator.
Fluid Mechanics, Fall 2016
• Analyzed the process of friction stir welding as a solid-state joining technique. Specifically studied the numerical analysis for heat generation and dissipation.
Griner Engineering Inc., CNC Machinist, Bloomington, IN, June – August 2017
• Operating and maintaining special production equipment including numerically controlled (CNC) lathe machines
• Reading and interpreting drawings, blueprints, and part specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
• Performing needed machine set-up, programming and operation
Indiana University Facility Operations Landscape Services, Bloomington, IN, Summer 2016
• Designed and maintained flower beds across IU Bloomington campus
• Named #2 Most Beautiful College Campus for 2016 by USA Today
Indiana University Center on Education and Lifelong Learning, Intern, Bloomington, IN, Spring, 2014
• Worked with Microsoft Excel, entered and analyzed data of over 100 participants for the Evaluation of Indiana’s 21st Century Centers After-School Programs
INTERPERSONAL & TECHNICAL SKILLS
JAVA Programming Language Python G-Code AutoCad LaTeX MatLab MS Office
Mathematica Data Visualization Verbal & Written Communications Team Player
LEADERSHIP & VOLUNTEER
Beloit College Men’s Lacrosse, NCAA Division 3 Student-Athlete, 2014 – 2018
Sigma Chi Fraternity, Alpha Zeta Chapter, Member, Beloit College, 2015 – Present
• Brotherhood Chair, Fall 2017 – Spring 2018
• Planned and organized events for the development of teamwork and communication for the active chapter
• Administer and manage a $1,000 per semester budget
• Academic Chair, Fall 2016 – Spring 2017
• Overviewed grades of all active members, assisting academically struggling members and organized academic events
• Developed and implemented program for academic improvement using chapter resources
Derby Days, Fall 2016 – Spring 2018
• Organized Derby Day in support in support of the Huntsman Cancer Institute and raised $2,000 more than the previous year, 2016 – 2017.
• Implemented new strategies for fundraising thru corporate sponsorships and social events.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$15||$20||Not available|