I have a genuine passion for Political Science and learning. Passing on the knowledge I have generates a special relationship with learning, which is why I offer my services as a tutor. I base my lessons on asking questions to my students about the knowledge they have received and guiding them to critical answers. I also put effort into learning what works best for a student and then suggesting individualized study plans.
I am an honors student with specialization in Political Science and Theory but general knowledge across all the Social Sciences and Humanities. I have written countless essays and research papers and, through it, learned what makes a good writer. I am also on track to go to grad school by the time I get my Bachelor's and have years of experience in community organizing, administrative assitantship, leadership development, fundraising, and, of course, tutoring. I have tutored since I was in high school, bringing my experience to 5 years and counting. I bring all aspects of my holistic background to every tutoring session to ensure my clients receive all the help they can need.
City University of New York-Hunter College, Bachelor of Arts Degree Candidate, New York, NY Anticipated May 2020
GPA: 3.71; Majors: Political Science; Women and Gender Studies; Minor: Human Rights
Women and Gender Studies Senior Thesis
Student, New York, NY August 2019 – May 2020
Stanford-CUNY Humanities Exchange Program
Undergraduate Visiting Researcher, Palo Alto, CA June 2018 - August 2018
• Conducted independent research on the subject of undocumented identity with assistance from faculty mentor
• Used post-positivist realist philosophy to argue that being undocumented constitutes a unique subjectivity.
• Analyzed the mission statements of immigrant rights nonprofits for common themes and language related to identity.
• Presented poster during Research Fair and Farewell Luncheon; engaged in dialogue about project with attendees.
• Developed academic research skills to prepare for graduate study; participated in seminars and peer review process.
Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers
Intern, Andover, MA June 2019 – July 2019
• Selected for a 4-week intensive Summer Workshop to study traditional and cutting-edge theory and cultural criticism in the disciplines of Education, the Humanities, and the Social Sciences.
• Facilitated weekly discussions in seminar setting for fellow students.
• Attended lectures, writing conferences, debates, and presentations by nationally known educators, artists, and poets.
The Bronx Defenders (BxD)
Immigration Civil Legal Advocate Intern, Bronx, NY June 2017 – August 2017
• Supported attorneys in immigration court by filling out paperwork, gathering documentation for evidence, and translating English to Spanish as needed for 20+ asylum-seeking and refugee clients, 20 hours per week.
• Prepared 10+ country condition reports for asylum-seeker cases; researched relevant human rights conditions in online sources.
• Drafted 12 affidavits of support by interviewing family members of clients in collaboration with supervisor.
• Helped develop immigration bond process guide with the Center for Urban Pedagogy and Immigrant Defense Project.
Community Organizing Intern
• Co-organized block party for 1,000+ attendees by inviting 100+ community organizations to share resources at the event.
• Served as point person for 30+ organizations in attendance; prepared table layout and created signage for organizations.
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO)
Administrative Intern, New York, NY November 2015 – May 2017
• Completed data entry and organized program materials for 610 students; researched and curated articles for monthly newsletter.
• Gathered and tracked internship opportunities for undergraduate students in education, technology, business, and health.
• Prepared and organized nametags, signage, and informational handouts for 5 student events with up to 300 attendees.
HONORS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Levin-Goffe Scholarship (2019-Present)
Thomas Hunter Honors Program (2016-Present)
Ascend Educational Fund Scholar (2015-2019)
Scholarship and Welfare Fund (2015-2019)
Stanford Summer Research Program (Summer 2018)
SEO Scholars Student Spotlight (May 2018)
Human Rights Program Internship Grant (Summer 2017)
Dean’s List (Fall 2015; Spring 2016; Fall 2016; Spring 2017
RELEVANT COURSEWORK COMPLETED
Introduction to Sociology
Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
Introduction to Politics: Democracy, Anarchy, and the State
Nature of Religion
American Government: A Historical Introduction
International Relations: Conceptual Foundations and Current Issues
Introduction to Human Rights
Introduction to Gender and Sexuality Studies
Interpreting Politics: An Introduction to Political Ideas
Philosophy, Politics, and Society
Critical Theory and Politics
Feminism: Philosophical Theory and Practice
Foundations of Modern Philosophy
Latin American Thought
Protest and Dissent
Feminist Political Theory
Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers (IRT), IRT Intern
Thomas Hunter Honors Program, Honors Student
UBS NextGen Leaders Program, UBS-SEO College Scholar
Concise communicator, customizes pedagogy and learning strategies to student needs, and is emotionally intelligent in delivering academic support. Highly recommend.
Because of his great intellect, accompanied by his ability, knowledge and the plus of his personal values, he is being aceedited as an individual capable of developing in any professional area
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, college / university preparation lessons for all!
Taking civic education lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$30|