I like to get to know my students to understand what teaching method(s) fits their personality and needs. I have worked with children ages 3-12, as well as high-school and college students. I have worked as a teaching assistant at the University of San Francisco and also worked with adults who needed to learn/practice French for their work or pleasure.
I am of Italian nationality, but originally also part French and Ethiopian. I attended a French school from the age of 3 to 16, graduated high school with a Baccalaureate degree in Economics and went to Law School in Toulouse, France. Both my parents were French and Italian teachers and I have been giving French/Italian lessons for as long as I can remember. I have been working in Business Immigration for the last 4 years so I haven't had time to teach and I am excited to dust off my old French books.
$36 per hour for a regular lesson. (+$9 fee for travel if 1+ mile from PG)
$33 via webcam.
Napa Valley Wine Academy, Napa CA
WSET, Level 1 (Waiting for Exam Result) May 2019
San Francisco Wine School, South San Francisco CA 2019
Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW)
University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco CA
L. L. M. in International Transactions and Comparative Law May 2012
International Human Rights Law, International Criminal Law, Corporations, Labor Law, American Legal System,
Legal Writing, Criminal Law, Remedies
University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore MD
Certificate of proficiency in Academic/Professional English May 2011
University Toulouse 1 Capitole (UT1), Toulouse, France
Bachelor of Sciences-Law (Standing: Cum Laude, 180 European Credits) June 2010
European Institutions, Civil Law, Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Labor Law, Corporate Law, International Human Rights Law
Personal Skills and Community Service:
Languages: Superior level of fluency in written and verbal English, French (MTEL certification), and Italian.
Conversational level speaking and listening in Spanish and Amharic (Ethiopian).
Volunteer Work: Global Justice Society, One Justice Bus, Baltimore Grand Prix, Glide Mem. Church, Presidio Nursery
Polyglot with multi-national background and 5 years of experience in Business Immigration pursuing a career in the wine industry.
Noe Valley Wine and Spirits Sales Clerk San Francisco, CA March 2019-Present
- Greeting clients and identifying the type of wine/spirit/liquor that best fits their taste, occasion and price range.
- Opening and closing the shop, taking inventory of our products, restocking bottles and organizing/reshuffling displays.
- Organizing and demonstrating wine tastings to introduce various wines of our choice and provide highlights of the selection
Tafapolsky Smith Mehlman LLP Immigration Paralegal San Francisco, CA Jan 2017-Present
- Overseeing the initiation, preparation and filing of company sponsored visa applications with USCIS.
- Gathering information, conducting research and drafting intracompany transfer visa applications for US Consulates abroad.
- Strategizing cases, running ads, obtaining prevailing wage determinations in accordance with DOL procedures for ETA 9089.
- Preparing and filing green card related applications for employees and their dependents.
- Filing passport renewals and obtaining global business visas for high ranking executives of Fortune 500 companies.
- Managing cases and monitoring immigration status expirations using internal databases.
Berry Appleman and Leiden LLP Immigration Paralegal San Francisco, CA Dec 2015-Jan 2017
- Managing the initiation of LC PERM process and working with clients and counsel to advance cases efficiently.
- Securing job classifications and other documentation in preparation for filing form ETA 9089 with the DOL.
- Working closely with managers in conducting the good faith test of the labor market as part of the LC PERM process.
- Overseeing the start, preparation and filing of I-140 petitions as well as responding to occasional RFEs and audits.
SunEdison Legal Assistant (Contract) Boston, MA Oct 2015- Dec 2015
- Preparing all necessary documentation to establish SunEdison’s sub-entities.
- Monitoring all minutes and case files in connection with ongoing litigation and corporate relations.
- Drafting and delivering contractual agreements and other documentation on behalf of counsel and notary.
Mintz Levin Docketing Assistant (Contract) Boston, MA July 2015-Sept 2015
- Assessing all ongoing immigration matters and ascertaining all the necessary information had been updated.
- Reviewing L-1 and H-1B records to set up PERM filing reminders before employees’ FNIV dates were reached.
- Examining all foregoing cases (e.g., PERM, H-1B, L-1, O, TN) and working with attorneys and paraprofessionals to determine current status and decide whether records should be kept active in preparation for a transition to new CRM.
Fragomen Legal Assistant (Contract) Boston, MA Nov 2014-Apr 2015
- Filing Labor Certification Applications with the DOL as a preliminary step in filing H-1B petitions.
- Preparing and compiling H-1B COS and CONS petitions (i.e., G-28, I-907, I-129, I-129 and supplements, I-539).
- Completing general data entry and auditing projects in an effort to facilitate the work of the CAP team.
Giada is a very professional and friendly tutor. She tailored the classes to fit my interests and needs and helped me improve my conversational and written level in French. She has all the necessary skills for being an effective language tutor. Highly recommended :)
french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|