I am a patient and experienced tutor who seeks to help students not only understand their material, but cultivate a desire to learn. Thus, I have given Math lessons to elementary school students both in Boston and in New York, particularly Algebra and Arithmetic lessons respectively. Each lesson, although different, focused on one thing: the student. I made sure I used appropriate methods to help the students with his or her Math homework. Also, I used different teaching methods (i.e. lecture, demonstrations or real-life examples) to teach students how to solve problems in Algebra.
I recently graduated from Boston University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Science. I have been tutoring and giving lessons respectively for about three to four years. While employed by BU’s BUILD Program, I taught elementary school students as a lead tutor at an after school program called Boston’s Bridge to Excellence Math lessons. I worked with groups of about 2-4 students and I helped each student with their Math homework. Due to working with me, students’ comprehension of Algebra and Arithmetic improved and they performed better on Math exams.
Boston University; Boston, Massachusetts May 2018
Bachelor of Science in Health Science; Minor: Speech Language Pathology
Weill Cornell Ophthalmology at New York Presbyterian Hospital; New York, New York
August 2018 –
Part-Time Medical Scribe
• Gather information for the patient’s visit
• Manage patients’ health and medical records and conducted other administrative duties in a fast-paced work environment.
• Perform documentation in Electronic Health Records (EHR)
• Worked alongside a team of healthcare professionals in order to provide the best care for the residents.
Enterprise Health Information Management Business Services at Partners HealthCare; Boston, MA January -May 2018
• Assessing current staff and developing a proposed model for redeployment of staff to new roles.
• Identifying the appropriate management framework to support the team.
• Documenting decisions made at administrative meetings and collaborating with administrators on project(s).
• Communicating the changes to stakeholders.
• Developing instructional support materials.
BUILD Program at Boston University; Boston, Massachusetts
October 2017 – May 2018, October – May 2015, 2016
• Teach and assist Kindergarten to 5th grade students English and Math, for two hours two to three times a week.
• Assist in the development of literacy skills for Kindergarten to 5th grade students through activities such as Book Club, haiku writing, and allocated reading periods.
• Write weekly reports and record progress in reading and assignments completed by respective students in Google Docs.
• Received a certificate of appreciation to recognize my work with BUILD Program.
REACH Program at Regis High School; New York, New York
July 2017, July 2016, July 2015
• Led as a student dorm prefect, study skills teacher, academic advisor, and recreation and activity advisor.
• Supervised an advisement group of REACH students, guiding them through the various events of their daily schedules.
• Served as a central link between the students and the REACH director, Assistant Director, Dean, and Faculty.
TalkIvy Program; New York, New York June 2015 – June 2016
• Taught native Chinese Students how to better comprehend the English language and helped them improve their English-speaking skills through literacy activities and assessments during thirty-minute web-cam sessions.
• Received 4.5 to 5 star ratings on the teaching sessions I led.
• Managed records of the Chinese students I taught using self-made spreadsheets on Microsoft Excel.
Aphasia Laboratory, Boston, Massachusetts September – December 2015
Undergraduate Lab Assistant
• Proofread lab data.
• Authorized to create a monthly newsletter for the lab.
• Managed and organized data files and research participants’ information.
SKILLS, ACCOMPLISHMENTS, AFFILIATIONS
• High proficiency in PC computer systems, social media platforms, Google Drive, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word
• High proficiency in communication, tutoring, teamwork, leadership and organization.
• Basic Medical Terminology
• Knowledge of Health Care Systems and Organization and Delivery of Health Care
• Adult and Pediatric CPR/ AED and First Aid certified by Red Cross
I have known Kwadwo for 4 years and he has never let me or the kids in the BBTE program down. He has and puts faith in his students. He always has their back and he always encourages people to try. He never let the kids give up. He helps them until they finally understood their assignment. He has made sure the kids in the program were safe and happy. Kwodwo is a very trustworthy man and he will surely be a trustworthy teacher.
I’ve had the pleasure to watch Kwadwo mature into a hardworking bright young man. Kwadwo values the power of knowledge and in recent years has taken it upon himself to ‘share the wealth’ assisting children in literature, mathematics & biological sciences. With his great leadership, interpersonal skills and desire to see others succeed Kwadwo embodies all the qualities of a more than capable tutor.
Kojo was my peer at Boston University and a fellow former researcher. Kojo is always extremely well prepared and works hard to master subjects to the point where he can explain them in easy to understand ways. He also gives excellent tips and advice and his guidance will help you to become a better student and a better person.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$16||$16|