I always want to make sure, especially with the first session, that the student feels comfortable opening up to me about any issues they may be having. The first session would consist of me getting to know the student and ensuring we both understood each other. Following that initial session, I would focus on whatever issues I or the student feel is most important.
I specialize in remedial English as well as reading and writing comprehension. I have been an English tutor for three years now. I have been trained and am a certifitied CRLA tutor. I also make sure to personalize sessions to ensure that I am giving students the best experience and education. I understand students learn in different ways, and I am more than happy to adjust based on those needs.
The INRW Center, San Antonio College, San Antonio, TX
February 2018- December 2019
• Tutored students in grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.
• Collaborated with other tutors on developing curriculum and academic handouts.
• Hosted academic workshops for groups of students on various writing related subjects.
• Assisted students with computer and internet questions while monitoring computer lab.
• Created appointments for students using Google calendar.
• Managed all INRW center related social media.
Private English Tutor
Independent, San Antonio, TX
August 2016- August 2017
• Provided private instruction to individuals to assist with writing performance, utilizing brainstorming activities, and maintaining focus towards essay prompts, in addition to improving grammar and syntax.
• Specialized in literature composition.
San Antonio College, San Antonio, TX
Fall 2017- Fall 2019
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Writing Excellence Award: Spring 2019
• President’s List, San Antonio College: Spring 2019
• Honor’s Academy Induction: Fall 2018
• Phi Theta Kappa Induction: Fall 2018
• Dean’s List, San Antonio College: Spring 2018, Fall 2018, Fall 2019
I was her first student she ever tutored, and let me tell everyone, she is absolutely amazing! I have an extremely difficult time focusing and I often get overwhelmed and anxious, but Sandra showed me nothing but kindness, support, and patience throughout it all. I would’ve never have been able to pass my AP English class if it hadn’t been for Sandra. She tutored me for two years and now I’m in college, thriving due to her abilities to teach and guide. 10/10 would absolutely recommend her!
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking poetry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|