I have earned PhD in chemistry from Howard University. I have been privileged to teaching general chemistry and analytical chemistry as a Teaching Assistant and Chemistry Instructor at the University. Also, I have a passion to teach and perform research in chemistry
I am Maraizu Ukaegbu, a chemistry Instructor. I teach college students general chemistry and analytical chemistry. My teaching objective is to help students understand chemical principles and relate these principles to things they can see and feel. And to use the knowledge acquired to solve problem.
Maraizu Ukaegbu, PhD
3324 Northwest Avenue, Apartment 9
Bellingham, WA – 98225
Phone: (concealed information)
E-mail: (concealed information)
I am a chemist with a passion to solve challenging scientific problems in a fast-paced teaching and research institution. I have a strong communication skills (oral and written).
CHEMISTRY INSTRUCTOR (WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY) Sep 2015 — Sep 2016
TEACHING & RESEARCH ASSISTANT (HOWARD UNIVERSITY) Sep 2009 — May 2014
ANALYTICAL and GENERAL CHEMISTRY
WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
• Experienced in QA/QC analysis and have worked in analytical laboratory
• Maintain QC / QA document and records
• Trained and mentored undergraduate and graduate students on analytical instrumentation (AAS, Raman, electrochemistry etc.) and research project (Synthesis and characterization of gold nano-rods, metal nanocomposite for energy storing devices, analytical method development)
• Applied basic statistical tools used in a research laboratory and have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word and Origin.
• Computer proficiency with laboratory software (e.g. Raman, HPLC software, Grams, Origin, DFT and PED etc.)
• Knowledge and practical experience of analytical techniques such as GC, GC-MS, FT-IR, Raman, SERS, FT-IR, SEM, DLS, HPLC, LC-MS, MALDI, IC, NMR, UV-Visible, AAS, DLS, CV, bulk electrolysis, DPV
• Conduct method development and method validation
• Conduct instrument calibration and maintenance
Ph.D., HOWARD UNIVERSITY (GPA: 3.93/4) Sep 2009 — May 2014
Area of Study: ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
B.Sc., UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN (GPA: 3.32/4) Jun 2003 — Mar 2007
Area of Study: INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
1. Morgan State University Research Symposium Certification
2. PerkinElmer Inspiring Innovation Workshop Certification
3. Howard University Research Symposium Certification
1. AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY (MEMBER) Mar 2011
2. GOLDEN KEY INTERNATIONAL HONOUR SOCIETY (MEMBER) April 2014
chemistry lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest organic chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, electrochemistry lessons for all!
Taking industrial chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|