My teaching method is the I-do, We-do, You-do. I model problems, give students guided practice problems, have step-by-step methods, explain the relevance of content and its usage. I am adaptable and flexible, have high energy and empathize with struggling students.
I am a chemical engineer(8 years experience)/microbiologist (published author), homeschool instructor and certified teacher who is passionate about teaching and helping others- over 20 years experience (serviced over 2000 students) - assisted students in SAT/ACT test preparation (many have gone on to attend major universities), trained students for competitive math and science competitions, strong math, science, and reading background - can support online, customize learning plans
The packaged hours are discounted rates for online 5 and 10 hours (NO TRAVEL)
I can offer packages for travel (in person sessions) - send message
Highly-motivated professional Educator who assists students (Grades 3rd – College) with STEM, reading and writing related instruction, test preparation, reinforced foundation and study skills. Dedicated and focused on providing quality academic support. Able to customize, design and implement individual learning plans and curriculum. Over 17 years of professional tutoring/teaching experience. Applies differentiated instruction and has the ability to assist special education students and low performers. Athletic fitness and sports coach. Professional career as a drilling fluids engineer, chemical/fluids laboratory instructor, and medical microbiology lab technician.
TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY, Lubbock, Texas
B.S. Chemical Engineering ~ Minor: Mathematics, 2006
B.S. Microbiology ~ Minor: Chemistry, 2006
ACT teacher certification program ~ 4th – 8th Generalist Certified
Texas Certified 8th -12th High School Mathematics
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Supported Lone Star and Houston Community College students with a variety of mathematics and science-related courses
(College Algebra-Calculus, Biology to Physics)
-Assisted high-school student-athletes with NCAA Clearinghouse eligibility requirements
-Student-athlete lead tutor at Texas Tech University
- Tutored over 3000 students in math & science subjects ranging from pre-K to high school (able to tutor in other academic areas)
- Able to assess and select the most effective instructional methods and procedures to introduce new learning concepts – can model instruction to large groups with layered differentiated instruction (verbal, visual, tangible, etc.)
- Strong background in study skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving strategies
- Published secondary author in medical Microbiology journal (academic research paper)
- Created and facilitated after-school & Saturday tutoring programs for middle and high school students
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$85||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||$300||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||$575||$350|