My teaching style is based on a communicative teaching method where students will learn how to better communicate in French while simultaneously learning French grammar, French pronunciation, and French culture. My students enjoy learning from me because I give fun and interactive lessons. They also feel rewarded by what they are learning because I give them useful feedback so that they make fewer mistakes when speaking French and writing in French. I teach students at all levels of French from Elementary to Advanced. I have personally taken the TEF exam twice and I feel very comfortable helping students obtain a high grade on their TEF exam as well as the DELF/DALF exam.
I started teaching French to American college students when I was a French Teaching Assistant at the University of North Texas. I have experience teaching students in a classroom of 20 people. I taught French at that school from 2015 to 2017. After I graduated in 2017 with my Master of Art's Degree in French Studies, I tutored French to a mother and her 1 year old child. In 2018, I decided to pursue 3 English Language Teaching Certificates and teach English in Japan while also teaching French to individual students online. I still continue to teach French to this day.
Cancellations for online sessions that are made 2 days in advance will receive a 100% refund.
Cancellations for online sessions that are made 1 day in advance will receive a 50% refund
Cancellations made the same day of the online session will not receive a refund.
I am open to reschedule our session in the event that something comes up or that you will be unable to attend the tutoring session but please do contact me as soon as you know that your schedule has changed.
POS cashier system knowledge, Adobe Photoshop, Video recording and editing, social media, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Prezi, Skype, Google sharing documents, Edmodo, Cambridge Learning Management System, language learning activities, Adobe Illustrator, navigating applications on an Apple Ipad, familiar in using Skype and Zoom call
Language skills: French (Fluent), English (Native) and Elementary Japanese
January 2020- current
● I help tutor the French language to those who need extra help with learning French grammar or are in preparation of taking a French proficiency exam such as TEF, DELF and DALF. I also do research articles and write French dialogues that would interest my students. After going over the research articles with them, I assign homework to them which is predominantly a listening/speaking homework assignment. I tutor them in a one to one environment.
FAIS-French American International School
Substitute French Teaching Assistant (Other subjects include: Science, Social Studies, Literature and Art)
● At this position, I acquire classroom management skills where I use critical thinking skills and do problem-solving in the classroom. I work with the leading instructor and help teach French to middle school students as well as other subjects that include Science, Social Studies, Literature, Art
Arc En Ciel Daycare
French speaking Daycare Worker
November 2019-December 2019
● For this position I taught French to babies and toddlers who are younger than three years old. I sang French nursery rhymes to them and I also read books to them in French such as "Les oeufs verts au jambon" by Dr. Seuss. Some of my other responsibilities included changing diapers, feeding toddlers the proper amount of nutritional foods, and feeding babies a milk formula, supervising babies, as well as using a log to record the daily activities of all of the babies on an Apple Ipad.
Volunteer French Instructor with Meetup organization:
● Each week a group of teen and adult students get together to talk in French about a given topic such as the environment and we share our thoughts on that topic. In our learning process we learn about important grammar points as well as natural
expressions that native French speakers use when they communicate. All levels of French learners are welcomed. ● Create fun learning games in French that include French Jeopardy, French Monopoly, French Pictionary, and French Scrabble
GABA: English Conversation School
October 2018-September 2019
● Aid in speaking English fluently (help with pronunciation) ● Application of the Communicative Teaching Technique ● Working in a one to one environment and also a group environment ● Grading students papers (Short Essays) ● Teaching Business English to Japanese clients at a higher level of English ● Teaching English to Japanese children ● Assessment of Clients Strengths and Weaknesses when communicating in English
Private Tutor- French Language
December 2017- March 2018
Client's home: McKinney, Texas ●
● Aid in speaking French fluently to the mother and the child (narrating the child's
actions) ● Respond to questions on French grammar and French pronunciation ● Give homework when necessary to the mother ● Teaching French to an infant
● (singing French lullabies to the child, reading to the child in French)
University of North Texas: World Languages Department
Teaching Assistant : French Language
August 2015- May 2017
● Aid professor by passing out papers to students ● Teach French grammar and culture ● Respond to questions on French grammar and French pronunciation ● Grade homework given to students on the subject of French culture
LOFT-Contemporary Women’s Apparel
Sales Assistant- Apparel
October 2013- May 2014
● Aid a consumer's needs in regards to their preference of clothing ● Perform monetary cash transactions (use POS cashier system) ● Helped with store cleanliness and organization
Coventry House International-TESL Canada: Online
TESOL Diploma Certificate
March 2018-August 2018
● 250 hours of coursework ● Studied the Communicative Teaching Technique ● Studied the different Pronunciation patterns and differences in the English language ● Studied English grammar and ways to get students to interact with English Grammar
CELTA Certificate 2017
ILSC-Montreal: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
CELTA Certificate October 2017-November 2017
● 140 hours of course work ● 8 hours of student teaching practicum
Studied the Communicative Teaching Technique
TEFL Toulouse: Toulouse, France
TEFL Toulouse Toulouse, France TEFL Certificate May 2017-June 2017
● 108 hours of coursework ● 7 hours of student teaching practicum Master’s Degree – French Studies
University of North Texas: Denton, Texas
Masters of Arts in French Studies August 2014-May 2017
● I have taken courses taught in French that are in relation to the history of both France and Canada as well as their cultural traditions that still continue to exist in today's society. I am also familiar with some pieces of Canadian Literature ("La Chasse Gallerie". ● I have also taken courses taught in French that are in relation to French Literature, the French political system, as well as French translation courses.
Bachelor’s Degree – Fine Arts of Fashion and Retail
Art Institute of Dallas: Dallas, Texas Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion and Retail Management July 2010-May 2013
• Required course: International Buying, Art History
Volunteering and other Activities
Volunteer French Instructor with Meetup Portland, Oregon
Volunteer ESL Instructor, Dallas, TX
Gateway to Grace
-Teaching ESL to small groups to refugee students from Iraq, Iran, Syria and Afghanistan
French Judge at the Fete Francophone for high school students, Dallas, TX
Co-organizer of French Conversation Table at University of North Texas, Denton, TX
Mary is a great French tutor. She easily switched to online lessons since the pandemic, and they're very helpful. She gives thoughtful homework assignments and targeted resources for studying in more depth on my own. She is patient and cheerful. I highly recommend Mary!
I know Mary from college. Since English is my second language, she willingly taught me English. She is a talented language teacher who has a lot of patience to correct my pronunciation and accent. She always has good tips on learning and remembering the language. I even learned some French from her. She has an awsome personality and is very easy to get along.
I have known Mary since my second semester of my undergrad studies, and I was immediately impressed with her skills of the French language and her attention to detail (especially with projects and presentations). Since then, we worked together during the 2016-2017 school year as Teaching Assistants for the French Master's program at UNT, and she was truly an asset to the TA team. To name a specific example, we co-hosted the French Conversation Table one semester. Mary was always able to draw students in with her lively conversation topics and her gorgeous, hand-drawn club posters. Her passion for French is present in all of her endeavors.
french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - french lessons for all!
Taking writing expression - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$26|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$260|