My teaching methodology and philosophy is focused on the needs and learning style of the student. Every student can learn, if the instructor uses a variety of teaching styles. For example, if a student is an auditory learner, then I would discuss the topic and use videos to aid in the instruction. If a student is a visual learner, then we would create/use models and videos to instruct and show knowledge. I help students with standardized testing by giving them practice tests and by showing them how to eliminate choices and to look for "hot" words like "sometimes, never, usually" on multiple choice tests.
I am currently finishing my PhD in STEM education. I have taught in public and private schools. Many of my students have continued their love of science and have become doctors, health professionals, scientists and engineers.
College Student $25.00
High School $20.00
Middle School $20.00
EDUCATIONAL HISTORY AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Summary: Award winning doctoral candidate with many years of teaching and leadership experience in higher and lower education. Has a solid reputation as a hard working and dedicated professional in both private and public schools.
• Texas Middle School Teacher of the Year, 2012-13 from the Texas Medical Association.
• The Laurie Kupcho Lignite Education Award, Outstanding Educator for 1995 (Regional Winner, ND, SD, MN, MT)
Texas Tech University Box 4107, Lubbock, TX
PhD (ABD) in Science Education Graduation May 2019
Bemidji State University 1500 Birchmont Drive, Bemidji, MN 56601
Master of Arts in Biology, Minor in Geology
Converse College 580 Main Street, Spartanburg, South Carolina
Bachelor of Arts in Biology
Minors in Chemistry and Psychology
• Canterbury Episcopal School
5400 Old Lake Jeanette Road
Greensboro, NC 27455 2017 to Present
• Alta Vista School 450 Somerset St, San Francisco, CA 94134
Middle School Science 2014-2017
• St. John’s Episcopal School 848 Harter Road, Dallas, Texas 75218
7th grade science, 5th grade science 1996-2013
• Bemidji State University 1500 Birchmont Drive, Bemidji, MN 56601
College Instructor- Water Chemistry Lab 1993-94
G.A. Teaching Bio/Human Anatomy Labs 1980-83
• School Board Chair- Sea Breeze Episcopal School, Foster City, CA. This school specializes in Pre-K to Kindergarten students, 2016
• Summer Director for Southern Methodist University CSI Camp for 6th grade boys and girls, August 2011. Duties included ordering of materials and supervising teachers and students.
• Science Fair Chair for Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools Science (SAES) 2008 and 2011. Duties included organizing and hosting a five state science fair for Episcopal Schools.
Professional Association Memberships:
• National Science Teacher Association
• Texas Science Teacher Association
• The Association for Science Teacher Education
• Association for Childhood Education International
• Association for Childhood Education International 2016
• The Association For Science Teacher Education 2015
• National Science Teachers Association, San Antonio 2013
• Science Teachers Association of Texas, Integrating Art and Drama into the Science Curriculum- Galveston- 2010
• Texas 7-12 Biology
• Minnesota 7-12 Life Sciences/Biology
• Virginia Master Biology Teacher
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|