Singing: By combining many disciplines (including my KRI certification in kundalini yoga), I have developed my vocal technique, "Yoga for the Voice," which gives each student a personalized vocal tune up each time you sing.
Piano & Keyboard & Folk Guitar: I focus on mastery of each piece of music, whether it is at an elementary level or advanced level - I am very song oriented and I want each student to feel that wonderful sense of mastery.
Songwriting: I have been writing songs since age 11 and I have studied with songwriting teachers from Berklee College and Los Angeles. My songs have been played on hundreds of radio and television stations around the world, including the NPR syndicated series "UnderCurrents."
I am a professional singing, piano, folk guitar, and songwriting teacher with 22 years' experience. I have helped hundreds of students achieve their musical goals and I have worked with children ages 3 and up and adults at all levels, beginning to advanced, and touring professionals.
A music industry professional who has performed for over 25 years and taught voice, piano, songwriting, and folk guitar for over 22 years.
WORK AND RELATED MUSIC EXPERIENCE
VOICE AND PIANO TEACHER
(privately, TakeLessons.com, McCallum Academy of Fine Arts, Albertson School of Music, Deerpark Middle School, Eanes Elementary School, Mars Music, Zachary Scott Theater, Marci Lynne Studios, University of Texas Informal Classes, Boulder Fringe Festival, NiaSpace)
* developed the “Yoga for the Voice” singing method, combining the Science of Singing with ancient yoga breathing techniques and elements of Speech Level Singing
* taught students the fundamentals of excellent technique in singing and piano, sight-reading and music theory
* worked to prepare students for various types of performances, including The Voice, American Idol, The X Factor, Motown Records, The Grand Ole Opry, UIL, featured solos, professional musical theater, choral competitions, entrance to music programs at the university level, auditions for bands, auditions for school variety shows, shows in local and national clubs and festivals
* worked to choose appropriate musical repertoire
* helped arrange an effective practice schedule
* taught students from ages 3 to 85, at levels ranging from beginning to advanced vocally, and beginning to advanced on piano
* also taught professional songwriting lessons, folk guitar lessons, yoga lessons and DJ lessons
* performed with electronic, folk, jazz, rock, pop, r & b and lounge acts all over the United States and abroad for audiences ranging from 50 to 20,000 people
* prepared charts and arrangements for band members
* booked gigs and made travel plans for the bands
* organized rehearsal schedules
* currently performs as a solo singer/songwriter utilizing all-original material and singing/playing keyboards live
* currently writing & recording all-original material for 2nd full-length album, “choosing my own colours” to be released in 2019
* played keyboards and sang original material in nightclubs,
coffeehouses and private engagements
* released new full-length all-original singer/songwriter CD, “triangle,” in 2007
* received adds on 122 college radio stations and in rotation at over 200 college, BBC Radio, NPR, AAA, Indie, Americana and acoustic radio & TV stations worldwide as of October 2014
* Received prestigious ASCAPlus songwriter award from the ASCAP Performing Rights Organization in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
* received airplay on local Austin radio stations (KUT, KGSR, KVRX, KFAN, KOOP) and local TV stations
* released live concert video of Sacre Bleu first telecast on YouTube in May 2009
* released a new album of yoga mantra music in 2004 sung in Gurmukhi, a Hindi dialect – “Electric Sadhana” – co-produced by violin and studio wizard Govinda
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, COLLEGE PARK
* Bachelor of Arts in Music (Vocal Performance)
SETH RIGGS, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
* studied Speech Level Singing from 2004-2005
PETER GILES, CANTERBURY, ENGLAND (vocal soloist with Canterbury Cathedral Choir)
* studied the Sinus Tone Production method of singing (a bel canto method)
* in October 2007 became the only certified teacher of this method in the USA
singing lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, acoustic guitar lessons for all!
Taking vocal coach lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$80||Not available||$80|