I take a very hands on approach to teaching programming skills. I believe the best way to learn is by doing projects. I also focus on the best practices so you can learn to write effective and scalable code from the start. I like to help my students find the fun in what they are learning because fun makes learning much easier.
I am a programmer with experience in several fields of technology including Game Development, Web Development, and Software Development. I was a peer tutor for programming and game development classes for 3 years during college, and I even spent much of my free time teaching friends how to code. I've been a passionate programmer since I wrote my first line of code when I was 12 years old.
I have a focus on Game Development, but I can teach you how to program from "Hello World" to professional level games and applications.
BECKER COLLEGE - B.A. INTERACTIVE MEDIA DESIGN
Concentration in Development and Programming | Graduated May 2018
PROGRAMMING INTERN | THE BEAMER LLC | JUNE 2018 TO CURRENT
· Working remotely to prototype gameplay for a networked 4-player first person educational game for PC
· Attending daily standup meetings with a small team, and presenting work at weekly meetings with executives
· Programming network code, shaders, and gameplay in Unity using C#, Shaderlab/CG, and UNet HLAPI
LIVE STUDIO INTERN | MASSDIGI | JANUARY 2018 TO MAY 2018
· Prepared Hyper Thunder Run 198X, a 3D endless runner for iOS and Android, which was released in April 2018 on Google Play and the iOS App Store
· Implemented gameplay elements using C# and Unity, following the existing code structure and best practices
· Fixed game-breaking bugs and put out fires on a strict sprint-schedule
PEER TUTOR | BECKER COLLEGE | JANUARY 2015 TO MAY 2018
· Tutored students in courses such as Intro to Programming, Data Structures, Game Programming I, and several others
· Worked with Game Programming I students to understand OpenGL assignments, while learning OpenGL myself
· Taught students critical problem-solving skills to improve their programming skill
ANALYTICS INTERN | CREATIVE COMPUTING / LIGHTHOUSE CS | JUNE 2017 TO OCTOBER 2017
· Learned analytics, business intelligence, and cloud applications concepts and tools, such as SQL, Node.js
· Developed a cognitive web application using IBM’s cloud tools and Watson APIs for the IBM Watson Build competition
Used RESTful APIs, IBM Watson APIs, and database connections with SQL queries
UNITY DEVELOPER CONTRACT | INSPYRED GAMES | NOVEMBER 2014 – NOVEMBER 2016
· Android, iOS side-scrolling endless runner game made with C# and Unity3D
· Implemented gameplay elements, including character controls, a warp system, a world-decay balancing system, powerups, dynamic obstacles, dynamic level generation, and more
Awards and Certifications
UNITY CERTIFIED DEVELOPER: ID#: 201704UCD1873
BECKER COLLEGE PROGRAM AWARD: For academic excellence in Interactive Media Design, Development and Programming
During my time as a student, I went to her for help in computer programming and every time I visited, I got to learn more about the subject than I ever could with my teachers. She is trained and dedicated to the subject, she values the principles and hands-on approach of the subject so I highly recommend her as a tutor.
computer programming lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest HTML lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, C++ lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$30||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||$120||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||$220||Not available||$250|