My teaching method is to familiarise the students with the aims and goals of each session. If for example I am helping a student with his/her GCSE/A level Spanish, I aim to cover each of the modules one by one at a pace that the student feels confident with, ensuring that the student grasps all the information and becomes familiar with the examination requirements. Of course the best way to learn is through testing and practicing which I always encourage and emphasise.
I am self-driven and hard-working person, who was born in Lanzarote (Spain) to an English mother and Spanish father. I was brought up speaking both english and spanish and therefore I am fully bilingual in both languages. I attended spanish education throughout my childhood until I was 14 years of age, as at this age I moved to England. I therefore did my GCSEs and A levels here in an english school. I got at an A* in both GCSE and A level Spanish. Therefore, I am very familiar with the modules and examination styles, and therefore I can teach what is required and guide students in the right direction.
I go back to Lanzarote to see my spanish family and friends twice a year, meaning I practice my spanish and further expand my vocabulary. I recently graduated with a First Class Honours degree in Psychology and since then I have focused on my tutoring and have began my teacher development, which I am thoroughly enjoying.
I am a self-driven and hard-working, fully bi-lingual (English/Spanish) Psychology graduate, seeking to incorporate and develop the knowledge and skills that I have acquired at University in the workplace, ideally in the Primary School sector.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Clinical, research, and critical thinking skills acquired through the completion of BSc (Honours) Psychology course, including quantitative and qualitative research methods and final year project.
• Analytical skills and computer skills (Microsoft Office, Photoshop, SPSS, Qualtrics, Python (programming language))
• Social media, art and design skills (number of awards including featuring the front cover of the 2015 Specialist Crafts, Art, Design magazine)
• Leadership, problem solving, speeches and presentations, team building and interview techniques acquired through the completion of the Stage 3 Student Leader course- Westwood training (June, 2014).
• Marketing skills acquired through training at the direct marketing firm B.A.L.L Events & Promotions (Watford) and social media marketing skills (Facebook and Instagram) acquired through collaborating with marketing companies
Spanish tutoring- Superprof (08/2019 – Present)
Billings & Edmonds School Wear Tailors & Outfitters (06/2018 - Present)
• Number of positions including serving customers at a number of different locations, processing stock, and administrative duties all under a pressurised environment
Evolve Mondays (Chichester Student Events) (09/2016 – 09/2018)
• Number of positions including marketing and till work, organising and advertising weekly student events (mainly through social media), customer service, and selling products and tickets
Ambassador at Aldenham School (2012-2016)
• Customer service (promoting the school through giving tours to potential students and their parents)
Duran’s cafe, Bushey (12/2015)
• Waitressing, customer service, and payment processing
Aldenham Country Park (Michael Wisher – Hospitality Personnel) (12/2014)
• Waitressing, customer service, and entertainment - The nature of this job required team-work and initiative.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
University of Chichester (2016-2019)
• First Class Honours in BSc Psychology
Aldenham School (Elstree, Herts) [2012-2016]
• A Levels (Spanish: A*, Psychology: B, Biology: C)
• 12 GSCEs at grades A* (4), A (3), B (5)
Whitbread 6th Form Scholarship (2015-2016)
Vocab Express European Day of Languages Championship 2013 – Genius Achievement (French)
Assisted reading – This involved weekly, one to one supervision and support to multiple year 7 students in the school environment.
References available upon request
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|