I approach each topic by breaking it down top to bottom. First, we learn the fundamentals then work our way up. I provide examples and context within the field of study to ensure that students are understanding
the world connection.
I am a psychology major, with experience teaching the fundamentals and advanced concepts of psychology. I had numerous practical experience in psychology as a Research Assistant and Residence Assistant at Saint Martin's University. Super fun and like to make it interactive.
If there is a cancellation then the lessons are 50 cents more.
PROFILE: Full-time undergraduate psychology major with emphases in research and community engagement. Looking forward to continuing my education in a clinical psychology doctoral program specializing in Neuroscience.
Saint Martin’s University, Lacey, WA
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology/ Minor in Biology
Anticipated graduation May 2020
Current Overall GPA: 3.52
Psychology GPA: 3.63
Relevant Course Work
• Research Methods
• Personalities Theories
• Learning Cognition and Behavior
• Adulthood and Aging
• Service Education and Training
• Biological Psychology
• Microbiol & Ecology
Meyer, L., Monson, M., Porter, T., & Taylor, A., (invited, under review). College Student Mental Health Part 1: Deconstructing Risk Factors Impacting College Student Mental Health. EdS pending. Exploring the Opportunities and Challenges in College Students. Nova Science Publishers, Inc. Hauppauge, NY.
Meyer, L., Porter, T., Taylor, A., & Monson, M. (invited, under review). College Student Mental Health Part 2: Resiliency and Guidelines to Supporting Mental Health in the College Student Population. EdS pending. Exploring the Opportunities and Challenges in College Students. Nova Science Publishers, Inc. Hauppauge, NY.
Saint Martin’s University Psychology Research Internship III – Lab Manager
August 2019- December 2019
• Support junior Research Assistants in progressing through their projects.
• Leise between Dr. Meyer and Research Assistants.
• Onboard new Research Assistants to the lab.
• Edit and assist in the submission of IRB proposal
• Coauthor national and regional conference poster proposal submissions
Saint Martin’s University Psychology Research Internship II - Lab Manager
May 2019-August 2019
• Authored IRB on the impact of religion on eating attributions in the college student population
• Conducted literature review and co-authored book chapters for Nova Science book chapter.
• Trained Research Assistants in NVIVO software for qualitative data entry
• Coded new data and double coded existing data in multiple NVIVO databases
Saint Martin’s University Psychology Research Internship I -Qualitative Analysis Manager
January 2019-May 2019
• Trained Research Assistants in NVIVO software for qualitative data entry and analysis
• Created SPSS database for study investigating …………
• Facilitated data collection at community events
• Conducted structured interviews for data collection on study investigating eating attributions in the college student population
• Transcribed interviews into NVIVO database
Saint Martin’s University Psychology Field Internship-Research Assistant
January 2018-May 2018
• Recorded and conducted structured interviews with at multiple business in the Lacey, Olympia and Tumwater area
• Transcribed all interviews and submitted audio files for supervisor
• Found alternative samples if necessary, to fit sample population
Admission, Saint Martin’s University-Student Ambassador
• Provided tour of the university for prospective students and their families
• Ran desk operations: answering the phone and booking tours
Career Center , Saint Martin’s University — Peer Advisor
September 2016 – Present
• Represented the Career Center at university Open Houses, the annual Gala, and Career Fairs
• Assisted students with job application, resume and CV edits, posts jobs, and approved employers on job database system, provide customer service to students, and perform basic office tasks.
Housing and Residence Life Residence Assistant
• Conducted roommate mediations and conflict resolutions among residents
• Maintained confidential student information
• Responded to medical and emotional emergencies
Service Immersion Leader
• Mentored underclassmen on service-learning trips to Portland OR. and Tacoma WA.
• Facilitated discussion among service groups on what they learned from these trips
• Attended monthly meetings with other Service Immersion Leaders
• Planned and helped coordinate alternative spring breaks to Flint Michigan and Texas.
• Assisted in presentations at university events or classes
Peer Mentor COR 100
• Supported first year’s students in integrating into SMU and surrounding community
• Offered academic support to students including but not limited to APA term paper editing, exam preparation and study skills
• Compiled student scores for grading
ADDITIONAL LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
• Psych. Club Vice President, - Present
• Sigma Tau Delta Honor-Society
• Benedictine Scholar, 2016-Present
• Psych. Club Treasurer-2017-Sping 2019
• Norcia Mentor, 2017-2018
STUDY ABROAD EXPERIENCE
Psychology 395 Contemporary Berlin Study Tour
January 2019-May 2019
• 10-day study tour in Berlin Germany and Austria
• Toured Berlin internment camps
• Explored LGBTQ history of Berlin and Austria
• Literature review of LGBTQ European history
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Familiar social science data analysis software programs including NVIVO and SPSS
• Proficient in Google forms databases, Word, Excel and Outlook
• Completed multiple Psychological literature reviews and presentations
• Experience handling confidential information and data.
Available upon request
psychology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest college / university preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sociology lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|