My teaching method is to build meaningful, professional relationships with my students so that I may individualise my approach in a way which best suits them as a person, helping to progress their strengths and weaknesses.
I am a compassionate and hard-working English teacher with a UK Degree and Masters Degree in English Language and Literature. I have been teaching students in schools and privately for two years and have achieved outstanding results at exam level.
- I can tutor two same-age students at the discounted rate of $50/hour.
- I have a 24 hour cancellation policy where any cancellations after this window will be charged at 75% of the agreed rate for that lesson.
- I have a UK Degree and MA in English Language and Linguistics.
- I have provided individualised tutoring to five students who all exceeded their GCSE (end of school exam) targets.
- I have skills in phonics and phonetics and have particular interest in lower attainers and students with barriers to learning and behavioural issues.
- I have completed additional courses which qualify me to teach EAL students specifically as well as students who have English as a first language.
- I have grown up closely with family and friends with ADD, Autism and slow processing skills so I have an accute knowledge of the importance of the approaches needed to help these students.
- I am a hard-working, compassionate and caring individual who will work collaboratively with the student to ensure they receive the service they are looking for.
I requested Sophie’s help to tutor my twins a few months prior to their English GCSEs concentrating on English Literature which was a very demanding subject. My children have different levels of confidence and Sophie was very astute and quick to adjust her teaching methods accordingly and address their individual needs even though tutoring them together.
Sophie went above and beyond by always offering to be on the other end of the phone if they had any concerns or additional questions leading up to their exams. Always punctual and willing to do extra sessions at short notice, a sunny nature and understanding of the stress and anxiety associated with exam time, she definitely has the human touch!
Both my children did extremely well with their GCSE results achieving a 9 and an 8!
I would highly recommend Sophie for both her teaching methods and caring nature. Good luck in Australia!
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking phonetics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$20||Not available||$17|
|5 hours||$89||Not available||$85|
|10 hours||$171||Not available||$171|