My teaching method is to gauge where the student, academically, is at first, and adjust my approach accordingly. I believe that the most effective form of tutoring is to initially assist the student step-by-step, then graduating to a position where the student is able to feel independent enough to work on their own.
I am a recent graduate at UCSD, and have tutored children of various ages when I previously worked at Kumon Math and Reading. I have taught approximately 30 students and was able to see students improve with Kumon's curriculum. I am skilled in mathematics as well as natural sciences (K-12).
University of California, San Diego
Physiology & Neuroscience B.S., 2020
• Lab equipment maintenance
• Microsoft Office familiarity
• Seasoned in clinical setting
• CPR/BLS Certified
• Organization and detail-oriented
• Able to take vitals
Laboratory Assistant, April 2018 – November 2019
UCSD Altman Clinical and Translational Research Institute – La Jolla, CA
• Continuously maintained clean and functional laboratory environment.
• Assisted with lower acuity procedures such as processing blood and stool samples.
• Worked closely with rheumatologists in collecting blood samples from patients for analysis.
Tutor, June 2015 – September 2016
Kumon Math and Reading Center – Mira Loma, CA
• Assisted and guided young children in developing reading and math skills.
• Handled administrative duties in inputting grades and scores into the database.
Volunteer Experience and Leadership
Research Volunteer, June 2019 – Present
Kavli Institute for Brain and Mind – La Jolla, CA
• Execute brain imaging experiments to study attention and learning within Drosophila
• Perform surgery on Drosophila to prepare for real-time brain imaging
• Experience how to take care of and set up own genotype crosses
Pathmaker Intern, November 2017 – Present
Palomar Health – Escondido, CA
• The Pathmaker Internship is an exclusive internship program under Palomar Health
• Interns are able to experience patient care within a variety of hospital departments such as the ICU and Emergency Department
• Fine-tuned skills in patient care and interaction
• Learned a variety of patient care skills such as taking vitals and providing CPR
Department Coordinator; Surgical Acute Care, March 2019 – Present
Palomar Health – Escondido, CA
• This position is a part of the Pathmaker Leadership Team
• Oversees the 4E: Surgical Acute Care Department at Palomar Health Escondido in part of the Pathmaker Internship
• Tasked with many administrative skills such as scheduling intern shifts as well as recording intern hours
• Assure that all Pathmaker Interns are following correct protocol
• Receive a closer interaction with health and patient care
Project Specialist & Member, September 2018 – September 2019
Project Kilimanjaro, NGO – La Jolla, CA
• Assisted in creating healthcare programs and initiatives for under-privileged women and children in Tanzania
• Set up fundraisers to fund for medical items such as first-aid kits
• Goal is to build a wellness center that provides accessible healthcare to the Maasai people
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|