I take time on the first day to assess each student's academic strengths and weaknesses with various questionnaires and surveys. Since no two students are alike, I use the information from the first day to tailor a tutoring curriculum that best matches the student's learning style. I guide the students to enjoy learning. I empower students to understand complex theories and subject matters rather then simply memorizing math equations and science constants.
I have 8 years of experience experience teaching and tutoring students from K-12. I have tutored more than 10 students and taught 3D modeling/Video game Design class to over 30 students. I am currently in charge of the Study Lounge (after school program at The Dalton School) and supervise over 10 kids as they juggle new workloads. A majority of my engaged students have been accepted to prestigious private catholic schools (St. Anthony's & Holy Trinity) and now excel in their classes.
$40/hour for all high school math and physics courses.
$55/hour for Standardized tests (SAT Math, ACT Math)
$35/hour for all middle school math courses
The City College CUNY New York, NY
Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering June 2017
• GPA: 3.33
• Dean’s List
WORK AND LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth San Rafael, CA
Residential Program Assistant June 2017 – August 2017
• Assisted management in daily operations of a residential summer program
• Maintained meticulous notes on the site’s inventory and managed public relations with Dominican University’s community and parents
• Completed Resident Assistant’s job duties during a campus flu outbreak.
The Dalton School New York, NY
After School Instructor September 2016 – Present
Maker State After School Instructor August 2015 – September 2016
• Taught a video game design and 3D modeling curriculum for 5th-8th grade students.
• Provided daily support to new high school students and guided them to efficiently handle their new workload at Dalton’s Encore Program.
• Provided support for staff and parents during conferences and meetings.
Burke Rehabilitation Hospital White Plains, NY
Design Engineer September 2016 – January 2017
• Senior Design Capstone Project focused on designing a device that quantifies rehabilitation of hand function in stroke survivors.
• Created a functional circuit and G.U.I. that can measure individual finger positioning and pinch strength.
• Led initiatives to create a standardized calibration method for transducers.
• Wrote IRB drafts and worked with stroke patients to design our device with specific standards suited to their needs.
• Followed HIPA and OSHA guidelines while working with clinicians and patients.
CCNY Tissue Engineering Research Laboratory New York, NY
Research Assistant December 2015 – August 2017
• Conducted independent research under the supervision of a PhD student.
• Assisted PhD student with intervertebral disk replacement research. Tasks included animal dissection, staining, mechanical testing, microscopy, lyophilizing, and photo-initiated hydrogel creation.
SKILLS AND ACTIVITIES
Languages: Fluent in English and Korean
Technical Skills: Microsoft Office, Mechanical Testing, C++, Microscopy, Circuit Design & Calibration, Lyophilizer, Cell Culture, Arduino, Processing GUI, Research.
Activities: NCAA Division III Track and Field: CUNYAC Champion and Captain, Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth, Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, Research Assistant, Resident Assistant, Tutor.
Kevin was an amazing student to my daughter Erica. He helped her with math and science before tests. Kevin also helped on study skills she could use when working on her own. He was always reliable and prepared. Today she is an A student in Math and Science, thanks to Kevin.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$50|
|5 hours||Not available||$175||$250|
|10 hours||Not available||$350||$500|