Especially in the math and science areas, I believe in practice makes perfect! I structure my lessons so that I can help students get a good grasp of the information (especially areas that they are having difficulties understanding) before applying the knowledge to practice problems which often seem to help students understand the information better. I understand that each student is unique in learning abilities and methods, so I make an effort to specially tailor each lesson plan towards each individual student.
In high school, I was a part of the California Scholarship Federation (CSF), which allowed academic excelling students to provide tutoring services to their peers. I gained three years of tutoring experience through CSF and individually tutored around 50 students. I have a Bachelor's in Psychobiology from UCLA which has provided me an expertise in the math and science subjects.
Please cancel 48 hours prior to the scheduled tutoring appointment. If cancelled after 48 hours, I will charge a $20 fee.
8283 Celestial Ave. Buena Park, CA 90621 | (concealed information) | (concealed information)
University of California, Los Angeles, Westwood, CA
Yonsei International Summer School, Seoul, Korea
Study Abroad, University of California Education Abroad Program
● Studied Developmental Psychology and Korean Language
Forward, Los Angeles, CA
June 2018- Present
● Attended an intensive three-day training and quickly learned medical terminology, topics, and medications commonly mentioned in patient visits
● Gain valuable clinical experience and knowledge while collaborating with world-class doctors providing a patient-centered, comprehensive primary care service in a concierge-style model
● Efficiently create comprehensive medical records with strong technology intuition and a typing speed of 95 wpm and 90% accuracy to optimize doctors’ time
UCLA Office of Residential Life, Westwood, CA
Jan. 2015 - June 2017
● Streamlined important office and administrative tasks, including scheduling appointments for and promptly addressing concerns from residents through cordial phone calls and well-written emails with Microsoft Outlook
● Energetically and professionally served as the first point of contact for Saxon Suites- utilized customer service skills when checking in residents and visitors, directing them to the appropriate area, and answering inquiries about a residential community of 490 students
● Utilized feedback from residents when creating bulletin boards in a creative manner that would attract the attention of residents and improve their well-being
COPE Health Solutions, Glendale, CA
Aug. 2015 - May 2016
● Gained clinical experience and medical knowledge by working alongside and asking questions to nurses and physicians providing basic care for a department of 30 patients
● Experienced working calmly and flexibly under stress and pressure in a fast-paced environment in the Emergency Department when attending to 40 patients within a four hour shift
● Maintained a tidy and organized hospital environment with fully stocked supplies by maintaining the cleanliness of the area and regularly checking inventory to anticipate needed items
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Westwood, CA
Jan. 2016 - Aug. 2017
● Shadowed nurses and provided basic aid in their daily tasks to gain knowledge of a wide variety of medical conditions and the appropriate treatments
● Proactively performed multiple tasks simultaneously without supervision while maintaining attention to detail to alleviate the nurses’ duties and ensure smooth functioning of the hospital
● Developed interpersonal relationships with patients and families when attending to their inquiries and issues and providing emotional support and social comfort while in the hospital
California Scholarship Federation, Torrance, CA
Sept. 2010- June 2013
-Accepted into club due to academic excellence (GPA 4.0 for three consecutive quarters) and provided academic support to about 50 high school peers
-Curated personal lesson plans for each individual student to accommodate for differences in interests, learning abilities, and learning methods
-Tutored in a wide spectrum of high school subjects with a specialty in the math and sciences, helping 25% of students tutored improve their class grade an entire letter grade
Nikkei Student Union, Westwood, CA
Apr. 2015 - Jun. 2016
● Enhanced administrative and time management skills through organization and detailed planning of basketball tournaments for approximately 50 teams and sporting events for a club of approximately 100 members
● Applied leadership skills when collaborating with a sports committee of 30 members through efficient communication and utilization of feedback to ensure individual growth and successful tournaments
● Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook)
● Typing Speed: 95 WPM, Typing Accuracy: 95%
● Documentation of Patient’s Vital Signs
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|