While tutoring, I am used to demonstrate relevance of research methods and paradigms using examples of researched/ resealable topics in a way so that beginner's in research can differentiate among obsolete, contemporary and forthcoming designs. Such a critical assessment is needed so that intellectual worth of the proposed research, may early be evaluated. In order to do that effectively, I have to reply heavily on key databases of academic literature such as the Jstor, Science Direct, Springer Link, Sage etc. so that any research notion may strongly be grounded into literature. As research supervisor I have to make sure that the research notion is indigenous, and that the proposed work is not been affected by bounded rationality (too few knowledge). While furnishing the design of research, I have to see carefully that choice of methodological tools, justify the needs of the data we have. As part of my counseling in doing research, I am used to illustrate how a topic and the proposed title of thesis may be furnished using top to down approach, how research objectives and hypothesis are phrased, how to ensure quality literature review and how to make methodological choices regarding research design. As I have handled application of econometric modelling (advanced regression), application of game theory and in application of optimization tools (linear/ goal/ integer programming) as part of my teaching and also in my research experience, so conveniently can supervise such technical underpinnings.
As a researcher and as research supervisor, I can feel that doing research is perhaps most lively and satisfying thing among all of academics.
If you wish more details about my career and profile, see my list of publications as part of my resume.
My academic background, career, personality and interests rotate around my complementary roles as researcher, thesis supervisor, author as well as referee. It gives you lots of self esteem to initiate research with rather naive notions, and then striving to furnish and structure such naive notions into a well documented indigenous study. As academician and researcher I can feel that creativity is amongst most satisfying things in nature.
So far, I have supervised over 141 honor's, master's and M.Phil theses, in rather diverse domains of Social Sciences and Humanities. I have published Journal articles, while some of my papers are also published in International Conferences proceedings. During my career I handled 2 contractual research projects, as consultant. I was also invited as international guest at the Peradeniya Economics Research Symposium.
I have long standing interest and expertise in teaching series of courses in Research Methods at Bachelor's and Master's and at M.Phil levels.
In spite of my pedagogical experience at university level, I have formally taken a couple of courses in education/ pedagogy: 'Introduction to International Education and Development'; 'The Role of Education in Social Development in the Global South'; 'Education, Culture and Sustainable Development'; and 'Epistemology and research methods'.
My passion with academic research spreads over my research publications, contractual researches and predominantly in the form of thesis supervision. I have published 15 Journal articles, while some of my papers are also published in International Conferences proceedings. During my career I handled 2 contractual research projects, as consultant. I have extensive experience of supervising researches in domain of Social Sciences and in Humanities. So far, I have supervised over 141 student papers etc.
In recognition of my serveries in academics and in research, I was recently been invited as international guest at the Peradeniya Research Symposium.
Selected Journal Publications and International Conference Proceedings:
• History of the Childhood Oppression, Inter-temporal resentment and Compliance with Codes of Harassment at the workplace: An Offender’s Perspective'. Business Ethics and Leadership, Volume 3, Issue 4. ISSN (online) 2520-6311. With H. Butt
• Modeling Spillover effects of Leapfrog development and Urban sprawl upon Institutional delinquencies. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 216. With M. H. Noon.
• Educational status, the Social Demonstration effect and inclination to Save: Findings of a Cross sectional model. International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, vol. 9, issue 3, pp 248-271. Electronic ISSN: 1752-0460. With M. Q. Asad.
• Outreach of Financial institutions, access to Information and Energy substitutability: A Case for photovoltaic energy preferences in Agriculture sector, International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, Vol. 7, No. 8. With R. R. Ullah.
• Inter-Jurisdictional governance coordination, community support and compliance with the ILO 169 convention on indigenous rights: Findings of a Cross-sectional study of indigenous people of Kalash. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Science Studies, Volume 1, Issue 1, pp 4-14. Electronic ISSN. 2397-6942: Publisher: FLE Learning Ltd. With M. Ghalib.
• An Assessment into the Risk Factors in Inter-Temporal Sustainability of Cropping Sector. 18th International Academic Conference, London, United Kingdom, pp 358-371. Electronic ISBN: 978-80-87927-11-3. With B. Khan.
• Impact assessment of International policy coordination with the WTO Technical barriers to trade agreement and Foreign financial assistance upon the intent to comply with the agreement: Findings of a Cross-sectional study of Mango exporters. International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(3), pp 197-225. Electronic ISSN: 1752-0460. With M. U. Bajwa.
• Self condemnation, Indebtedness and Financial Stress: Findings of a Cross-sectional Study. European Scientific Journal, Vol.SE1, pp 71-88. Electronic ISSN: 1857-7431. Publisher: European Scientific Institute. With H. N. Zaman.
• Foreign Investment, Technological Diffusion and Competiveness of Exports: A Case for Textile Industry. International Journal of Economics and Management Engineering. Vol: 9, No: 10, Electronic ISSN: 2226.-7344. With M. Awais.
• Impact Assessment of the Social Demonstration Effect and Religiosity upon Charitable Spending: Findings of a Cross Sectional Study. 19th International Academic Conference, Florence. pp 3-23. Publisher: International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences ISBN 978-80-87927-15-1. With B. Maqbool
• Reciprocity and Interdependence in bilateral ties between Pakistan & India: A Game theoretic explanation. Proceeding, Law Conference 2015 (Cambridge) Series. With A. Ahmed
• An Assessment into the Drift in Direction of International Migration of Labor: Changing Aspirations for Religiosity and Cultural Assimilation. ICIMHS 2015: International Conference on International Migration and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. With R. Zulfiqar
• Openness of economy, Foreign investment inflows and Rent seeking behavior. Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, 2015, vol. 3, issue 3, pp.45-64, Electronic ISSN: 2148- 0192. With F. Manzoor.
• Geopolitics of International relations, US political regimes and the incidence of US bilateral Aid. GSTF Journal of Law and Social Sciences (JLSS) , Volume 4, Issue 1. With H. Imran.
• Political Economy of Regime switching and preferences for Inter-temporal Consumption. Review of Integrative Business & Economics Research. Vol 3(2). With F Tanvir.
• Modeling Socioeconomic and Political dynamics of Terrorism, ICCTHS 2014: International Conference on Counter Terrorism and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. Published in International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 7. With O. Younus.
• Impact assessment of Central bank autonomy & Exchange rate regimes upon Exchange rate volatility. Global Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Conference GIBA. Conference Proceeding, pp 242-250. Electronic ISSN: 2333-4207. With S. Raza.
• Impact Assessment of State of Technology & the WTO Trade Related Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPs) Agreement upon the Export Intensity of Textile Sector Exporters. Global Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Conference GIBA. Conference Proceedings, pp 816-826. Electronic ISSN: 2333-4207. With A. Mehboob.
• Modeling Spillover effects of bilateral Trade upon sustainability of economic growth. ICBEF 2014: International Conference on Business, Economics and Finance. With T. H. Alvi
• Political deprivations, Political risk and the extent of Skilled Labor Migration: Finding of a Time-Series analysis. ICIMHS: International Conference on International Migration and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. Published in International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Vol. 8, No. 7. With H. Hamid.
• Worked as Consultant on a project titled ’Governance, Legislative structure, Organizational Structure & HR, Infrastructure and Facility Arrangement at PSIC’. (2017).
• Worked as Consultant on a project titled ’Impact Assessment of Removal of Natural Gas Subsidy for Fertilizer Industry and the Cost –Benefit Analysis of allocation of Natural Gas for Cement, Power or the Fertilizer Sector’. (2001-02).,
Syed is passionate, competent and stable headed. Manages time and difficult situations ,effectively. Highly recommended for trouble shooting as part of research/ thesis or in domain of quantitative modelling.
Syed has strong grasp on applied model building, competing research designs and on methodological paradigms. He can delicately choose suitable methodology, with a reasonable understanding of efficacy of tools as well as limitations of a said method. He is naturally inclined to use quantitative modeling skills in his coaching and thesis supervision experience. Much recommended.
Passionate and Superb! Syed is a competent teacher with diversity and depth. I managed to grasp many technical concepts in domain of advanced regression. Highly recommended for quantitative methods and economics courses!
An incredibly knowledgeable, helpful and so calm person! So much support I received along the way and with positive feedback which gave me the confidence that no matter how difficult some courses are, it goes with right help. I sought help in quantitative methods to ensure my proficiency. Everything just seems so simple when right person helps and explain it. This right person was Syed.
I am so glad and grateful for Syed's help and teaching. He has been amazing all they way with tutoring me in Advanced Microeconomics, online. I am keeping your contact information for the future and I will surely take contact next time, when adressing my proposed thesis on Application of the Antitrust legislation. It'a been a pleasure working with you!
Utrolig dyktik. Har mye kunnskap og forklarer veldig bra.
Perfekt! Utmerket ! Syed er en hyggelig person, med mye erfaring og evne til å forenkle tekniske konsepter. Mye anbefalt
Comments from Michael Koiki
Proficient and dependable! Syed is an outstanding researcher as well as an excellent mentor with lots of precision and patience in his coaching and in providing the feedback. I found him to be an extremely professional person with quality knowledge, immense proficiency in research skills and untiring nature. From adjusting my original research notions into well-structured research hypothesis, to structuring research design and in choosing quantitative tools to suit research needs, he has been superb. Despite the fact that I spent quite some time while working on my thesis, I was surprised to see how the academic value of my dissertation improved within a short frame of time, because of his continual feedback. With his guidance I was able to experiment Autoregressive distributed lag ARDL models, Autoregressive Moving average ARMA models as well as Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity ARCH models, as part of my dissertation. It has been an amazing lesson experience and I am truly over the moon with the quality of this thesis. I couldn’t have done it without you; I wish you and your family all the best to in these times.
I would highly recommend Syed, to students of research methods, quantitative modeling and to beginner’s in research who are in search of a mentor who will increase their capabilities drastically over a short space of time.
I benefited from Syed in 'Advanced Regression analysis' and then while preparing for Research proposal of master's dissertation. He has excellent command and strong foresight in furnishing research designs, in assessing academic worth of methodological choices, and how to advance rather naive research notions into a well-structured hypothesis. He has published in rather diversified and interdisciplinary domains of social sciences and humanities.
Much recommended for beginner's in research and for persons who are struggling with quantitative underpinnings of research designs.
Fabulous and excellent in coaching and problem solving skills, specifically in research and quantitative methods! Dedicated and able to manage things, quickly!
He provides unparalleled professional support, guidance and problem-solving assistance. There is no doubt that his professional competence is at a very high level, and he is conscientious and orderly, and I experienced him as genuinely committed to desiring and doing his utmost to help me become as good as possible. He responded quickly to all my inquiries, which made progress in my work on the subject. He has commendable writing expression.
I recommend beginners in research and students of quantitative methods to seek guidance from Syed
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$80|