I use the Socratic method of teaching in the classroom. The majority of my students are taking high school or college mathematics courses. I place a lot of emphasis on guiding students to a correct solution by asking appropriate questions as the student attempts to solve a problem.
Since retiring from the Navy, I have been an operations manager and program manager for a defense contractor and have held various sales and sales management positions in the financial services industry. Recently (2005- present), on a part-time basis, I have taught Algebra, Statistics, Trigonometry, Calculus, Physics, and Differential Equations at Grossmont Community College and for Vincennes University. I also been an online instructor of Algebra at Ashford University. In addition, I have taught or currently teach AP Statistics, AP Calculus, Geometry, Pre-Algebra, and Biology at the Children's Creative and Performing Arts Academy in San Diego, CA.
To establish a career with an organization seeking an individual who has proven education, leadership, and management skills to help it achieve and exceed its goals.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Extensive classroom and on-the-job teaching experience, both academic and job-related. Served as Associate Chairman of the Mathematics Department at the United States Naval Academy.
• More than 20 years of leadership and management experience in a wide variety of working environments, including shipboard Commanding Officer (leading a crew of 350) in the United States Navy, and Operations Manager/Program Manager for a defense contractor.
• 13 years of sales and sales management experience, including business-to-business and consumer sales..
CREATIVE AND PERFORMING ARTS ACADEMY 2016 – Present
• Teach Advanced Placement Calculus.
• Teach Advanced Placement Statistics.
• Teach biology.
• Teach geometry.
GROSSMONT COLLEGE, VINCENNES UNIVERSITY, 2005 - Present
POINT LOMA NAZARENE UNIVERSITY - ADJUNCT
MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS INSTRUCTOR
• Teach trigonometry, calculus and differential equations.
• Teach statistics.
• Teach geometry and beginning, intermediate, and college algebra
• Teach classical, calculus-based physics.
ASHFORD UNIVERSITY – FORMER INSTRUCTIONAL 2007 - 2015
SPECIALIST AND LEAD FACULTY, COLLEGE OF ARTS
AND SCIENCES, ON-LINE INSTRUCTOR OF MATHEMATICS
• Teach courses in algebra, and statistics.
• Mentored and monitored on-line faculty members.
CORONADO HIGH SCHOOL – FULL-TIME MATH TEACHER 2007 - 2008
• Taught geometry.
• Taught Advanced Placement Statistics.
OMNI FINANCIAL OF CALIFORNIA, INC. 2004 – 2007
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT/GENERAL MANAGER AND
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR LOAN OFFICER
• Supervise an office staff producing 100 -200 consumer loans per month
• Process and underwrite consumer loans. Make collection calls.
• Originated and processed purchase, refinance, and second mortgage loans.
AAMES HOME LOAN 2003 - 2004
• Quickly and efficiently recruited and trained a sales staff that achieved Directors Club level performance within six months.
• Recruited, hired, and trained a sales force of up to 9 Loan Officers and Loan Consultants and 2 Loan Processors.
• Managed the sales force to insure profitability and compliance.
HOUSEHOLD FINANCE CORPORATION 1997 - 2003
• Recruited, hired, and trained a staff of up to 8 loan officers and processors.
• Was commended for performance of compliance and audit functions .
• Led the Carlsbad, CA branch to become one of the top branches in the region.
• Branch earned entry into the Million Dollar Club two consecutive quarters.
• Branch earned entry into the Two Million Dollar Club (two million dollars in Loan Account Gain) with 4 Loan Officers.
• Managed two other branches that were struggling and turned them into top producers.
• Master of Science in Applied Mathematics, U. S. Naval Postgraduate School
• Bachelor of Science with major in Mathematics, U. S. Naval Academy
physics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking precalculus & calculus lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|