• Bachelor of Arts, University Without Walls affiliated with the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and Boston, 1979. Concentration in Human Services, particularly focused on children and adolescents.
• Master of Arts, Community-Social Psychology, University of Massachusetts at Lowell, 1985.
• 65 post graduate credits in the fields of special education, regular middle and high school education, social studies, English, language arts, mathematics remediation, internet teaching, theater and related activities, career education, adolescent psychology, and transition skills for college preparation. Complete list provided on request.
• Vermont teaching certifications for grades 6 through 12: English, Social Studies, Special Education, Internet Teaching; also Highly Qualified Status in Mathematics.
I have over 30 years experience in education, beginning as a Title 1 specialist in a K-12 environment, then as coordinator and teacher in a Title 1 program for high school, finally as a special educator at the high school level where I developed alternative history and English classes, as well as individual education plans for students with moderate to severe learning disabilities. Additionally, I have taught reading in juvenile detention. Over 30 years, the number of students I've worked with is probably in the hundreds and I have been gratified to see the vast majority graduate and transition to employment and post-secondary education or vocational training.
Individualized lessons for English and Social Studies 35 dollars per hour.
• Teacher in the Vermont school systems since 1992, at Brattleboro Union High School (1993-2002) where I developed, administered and taught in a Title 1 program for remediation of basic skills.
• Special education teacher at Whitingham High School, which consolidated with Wilmington High School and became Twin Valley Middle High School (2002-2015).
• Administrative Assistant to the Whitingham, Vermont Selectboard from 1989 through 1993.
• Freelance journalist with Deerfield Valley News, Wilmington, Vermont, (1986-present).
• Licensed clinical social worker for the Massachusetts Department of Social Services in Lowell, Massachusetts from 1979 to 1985.
• Coordinator of the Lowell Cooperative Learning Center, including recruitment of teachers, organization of classes, marketing, fiscal management and supervision of Neighborhood Youth Corps and Retired Senior Volunteer Program personnel (1975-1979).
• Member of the Community Relations Bureau, Lowell Police Department, Lowell, Massachusetts, participating in and recording various community outreach activities. (1975-1976).
• Contracted tutor; developed and implemented theatre arts activities designed to promote basic skills and values clarification for students in detention through Massachusetts Department of Youth Services (1974-1975).
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Homework help for all!
Taking Test prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|