I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Religious Studies from Cal State Dominguez Hills. My techniques is to have a one-on-one session by discussing the reading, essay, or assignment bit by bit with no filter.
Currently I am after school teacher at an elementary school. I just recently started teaching since last year. My past experiences was working with people who have moderate to severe developmental disabilities for a year at Pathways Regional Employment Support Services for a year.
These are my professional experiences
To obtain a tutoring position in education/ psychology
California State University, Dominguez Hills; Carson, CA
Bachelors of Arts in Psychology, August 2010-May 2015
• Relevant Coursework: Advanced Research Methods and Research Seminar in Personality and Social Psychology, Senior Seminar: Legal Psychology, Introduction of Research Methods, Measurement in Psychology, Child Psychology, Psychology of the Adolescent Experience, Theories of Personality, Abnormal Psychology, Human Sexuality, Psychology of the Mexican American I, and Seminar in Peer Advising
After School Educator, August 2017- present
Gabriella Charter Schools #2; Los Angeles, CA
• Provide snacks for the students grades K-2 as well as equipments for students during play time
• Help students with homework assignments as well create activities for the students
• Clean up the classroom that is used once the session is finished
Trainee/ Intern, July 2016- July 2017
Pathways Regional Employment Services; Los Angeles, CA
• Assisting consumers who are low-functioning use the computer in regards to playing games, videos, searching for documents, or job searching
• Help consumers with mobility training in regards to using public transportation, ordering food, guiding them to a certain place
• Go to different job sites to gain more employment experience (e.g. Peak Transportation Services, Big Saver, Burlington Coat Factory, Fallas Paredes, Rainbow, etc.)
Volunteer, January 2016-February 2016
Watts Learning Center Charter School (K-5); Los Angeles, CA
• Assisting children with special needs such as guiding them through their class work and explaining every detail of the lessons.
• Observing the pupil’s behavior both in and out of the classroom, as well as their communication with their classmates and staff.
Reservations Coordinator/Event Coordinator, August 2014-June 2015
Multicultural Center, California State University, Dominguez Hills; Carson, CA
• Coordinate school-wide events to raise campus cultural awareness
• Steer a committee in planning of school-wide events such as National Coming Day and holding the first Central American Heritage Celebration
• Ensure logistics and details such as locations, times, speakers, and publicity materials are managed
Intern, November 2012 – May 2014
Diversity in Action, California State University, Dominguez Hills; Carson, CA
• Ran discussions in regards to student diversity and social issues
• Participated in creation of content to promote cultural awareness events
Peer Advisor, August 2014- December 2014
Psychology Advisement Center, California State University, Dominguez Hills; Carson, CA
• Guided psychology students in their planning for coursework and needed materials
• Coached students in the process towards their graduation such as checking the amount of units that are needed before graduating and to guide them on the coursework that they need to complete the major.
Unity Fest, California State University, Dominguez Hills,(April 2011 – April 2015)
New Student Orientation, California State University, Dominguez Hills, (June 2011 – June 2013)
Graduation Commencement Ceremony, California State University, Dominguez Hills, (May 2012 – May 2014)
Secretary/ Member (Consumer Advisory Council), South Central Los Angeles Regional Center, (February 2016- present)
Translator, David Starr Jordan High School, (April 2016-August 2016)
Board Member, South Central Los Angeles Regional Center, (September 2016- present)
Participant (Fiesta Educativa), California State University, Los Angeles (September 2016)
Participant (Statewide Self-Advocacy Conference), Supported Life Institute (May 2017)
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Organization, customer service, and effective communication of organizational values
• Fluent in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook), Quick Books, Spread Sheet, Database Software, and Adobe Reader, 65- 85 wpm typing
academic english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||$100||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||$200||Not available|