I have taught university courses privately on many occasions. My teaching method could be considered to be very flexible and tailors to the situation of my student. I will use the textbook or lecture notes as the starting point for the general idea, and expand upon that idea with web sources and practice questions. My teaching could be considered very efficient for those who are about to take an exam.
I'm a university students currently studying at UWO, specializing in Genetics and Medical sciences. I have taken a variety ranges of university courses including Economics, Psychology, Geography etc. I have worked as Research Assistant at Agriculture Canada, and Lab Assistant at University Hospital.
My rate will be different based on the level of the course, as well as the distance at which I need to travel.
Rate could be determined upon discussion
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
Strong communication, time-management and organizational skills
Friendly and outgoing Personality
4 years of Customer service and management experience
Proficient use of Microsoft word, excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Photoshop
CPR First Aid certificate
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese
Mastery of English speaking, reading and writing
Proficient in SAT and MCAT course material
Honors Bachelor of Science, HSP Genetics and Major in Medical Science 2013 - present
The University of Western Ontario (UWO), London ON
• Dean’s Honor list all year to present
• Laurene Paterson Estate Scholarship
• UWO Workplace and Safety training
• Relevant Courses: General Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, General Physics, Biophysics, Calculus I and II, Statistics, Micro and Macro Economics, Children’s Literature, Psychology and Upper year Science courses.
International Baccalaureate Diploma 2010 – 2013
Victoria park collegiate Institute, Toronto ON
• Higher Level Math, English and Economics
• Standard Level Biology and Chemistry
Laboratory Assistant Winter 2014 – Spring 2016
Assistant Manager Winter 2017 - Present
Implant Retrieval Lab, University Hospital, London ON
• Obtained London Health Science Center Chemical Handling Safety Certificate
• Perform weekly cleaning of retrieved orthopedic implants with various procedure: formalin sterilization, formalin neutralization, Detergent washing etc
• Qualitative and Quantitative measure of implants and database registration
• Maintain laboratory supplies and coordinate working schedule
• Compile Product Catalogues, draft and update training manuals
• Teach new lab member safety precaution and work procedure
Research Assistant Spring 2016 - Spring 2017
Agriculture and Agri-food Canada (AAFC) Central Experimental Farm, Ottawa ON
• Used Bioinformatics tools and Programming language (BASH, R and Perl )
• Microbiology Lab protocols (PCR, DD-PCR, qPCR, DNA/RNA extraction etc.)
• Weekly Presentation of work overview, scientific findings and relevant information.
• Provided Work safety, Linux and BASH Training for new workers, interns (Many international with minimal English proficiency)
• Held and Co-hosted Seminar at AAFC HQ for Linux and BASH Training (50+ participants from across Canada)
• Created Novel laboratory technique involving identification of a pathogenic bacteria (Manuscript complete, publication underway)
Reading Buddy Spring 2011 – Summer 2011
North York Central Library, Toronto ON
• Read various literature to children age 7-14
• Provided Basic English Speaking and Reading lessons
• Interactive Game play involving English language skill training
Private Saxophone Tutor Summer 2012
Home Resident, Toronto ON
• Provided Music Theory and saxophone technique lessons for student
Tutoring Club Fall 2012 – Spring 2013
Victoria Park CI, Toronto ON
• Provided 1 on 1 tutoring for math, sciences and economics
• Essay checking and revision
Independent Course Material Tutor Falls 2013 – Spring 2015
UWO, London ON
• Provided 1 on 1 tutoring for university level Calculus, Chemistry and Economics
• Provided Group study materials and lesson during exam season
OTHER WORK, VOLUNTEER AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACITIVES
• Sales Associate at Dufferin Mall Special FIFA Store
• Chef, Cashier, Server at various restaurants (Pizza Pizza, Teriyaki Experience etc)
• Long term Volunteer at Scarborough General Hospital and Greenview Senior Care center
• Interest in Musical instruments, plays Saxophone, Piano and guitar
• Loves Hiking, Fishing and other outdoor activities.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|