I currently teach and tutor all levels of high school science. I also have experience in tutoring standardized tests, SAT and ACT specifically. I feel that learning is a life long process and that you truly do learn something new each and every day.
I am a high school science teacher in the Chicago Public School District and have been teaching the sciences for 4 years now. I have taught basic level chemistry and physics as well all levels of biology from the freshman level up to AP biology
ILLINOIS STATE UNIVERSITY NORMAL, IL
Major: Bachelor of Science in Biology
Sequence: Biology Secondary Education
Professional Teaching Experience
MORGAN PARK HIGH SCHOOL CHICAGO, IL
FULL TIME TEACHER MARCH 2017 – PRESENT
· Practice Next Generation Science Standards within International Baccalaureate Honors Biology classes.
· Implementing a new inquiry-based curriculum that produces a student-centered learning environment.
· Increased 9th grade science literacy skills between Cycles 1 and 3 of the 2017-2018 school year.
· Attend monthly Social Emotional Learning and STEM professional development meetings to ensure the growth of my ability to support student learning.
· Instruct one section of AP Biology, two sections of Honors Biology, and two sections of academic Biology.
KENWOOD ACADEMY HIGH SCHOOL CHICAGO, IL
TEMPORARY ASSIGNED TEACHER JANUARY 2017 – MARCH 2017
· Instructed three sections of 9th grade honors biology and two sections of 9th grade academic biology.
· Adapted to a mid-year leave of absence position and effectively developed student learning.
· Participated in weekly department meetings and contributed new ideas to course team curriculum.
· Established and maintained rapport with students that were accustom to practicing previous routines.
THOMAS KELLY HIGH SCHOOL CHICAGO, IL
STUDENT TEACHER AUGUST 2016 – DECEMBER 2016
· Instructed 10th grade academic biology using self-constructed unit plans.
· Received an A in student teaching while being scored using the Danielson Framework.
· Implemented a range of differentiated standard-based activities and assessments to meet individual needs and monitor progress of students
· Incorporated daily use of technology in lessons through iPads, laptops, and projector screens.
CHICAGO TEACHER EDUCATION PIPELINE
TEACHER JANUARY 2016 - PRESENT
· Attend seminars covering the following topics: English Language Learner support, classroom management, parent engagement, and restorative justice
· Incorporate strategies learned from seminars into classroom instruction and expand on ideas to share with colleagues in order to help improve others’ instruction.
physics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking physics - chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|