Hybrid method. I like to give an integrated teaching style that incorporates personal preferences, individual personalities, and specific interests into their teaching. It’s popular in English, science, and religion classes because it’s easy to incorporate extra-curricular knowledge into a developed, deeper knowledge of a particular topic. Some argue that this style weakens the learning process because the teacher tries to be all things to all students.
I am currently a college Student at Johnson & Wales University completing coursework and continuing into the residency stage. I consider myself to be dedicated professional interested primarily in accounting. I am also a detail- oriented student with strong technical and communication skills with the ability to learn concepts quickly and an enthusiastic business major with a strong motivation to succeed. I have also been driven sales associate with the ability to develop and implement fresh sales and marketing strategies with financial and operational discipline. I have a strong experience with teaching children with 7 years experience supporting elementary school staff. I've helped teachers foster a positive, productive and encouraging classroom environment. I work hard to identify and rectify behavioral and educational issues.All in all I am a action-oriented driven student with strong ability to communicate effectively with technology, executive, and business audiences.
Price may vary depending on the level in which the student is in. There will be a cancellation fee.
SCOTCH PLAINS BAPTIST DAY SCHOOL
Scotch Plains, NJ
Teacher's Assistant 09/2014 to 12/2014
-Developed interesting course plans to meet academic, intellectual and social needs of students.
- Designed lesson plans focused on age and level-appropriate material.
- Earned positive verbal/written feedback from parents regarding classroom instruction and student learning success.
- Combined discipline plan with effective measures and various lesson plans to increase concentration, participation, and progress student accountability.
- Created and enforced child-based hands-on curriculum to promote student interest and receptive learning. - Redirected children to encourage safe, positive behaviors.
- Helped facilitate indoor and outdoor play, parent-teacher conferences and keeping the classroom clean. - - - Collaborated daily with classroom teachers to keep activities running smoothly.
- Monitored children's play activities to verify safety and wellness.
- Instructed science, English and physical education classes for preschool aged children. Taught children personal care behaviors, including toilet training and feeding.
07/2009 to 08/2014
SUMMER ENRICHMENT PROGRAM
- Writes and Executes Lesson Plans
- Routinely met with students' parents regarding in-class issues and learning interruptions to discuss solutions.
- Performed student background reviews to develop tailored lessons based on student needs.
- Developed, administered and corrected tests and quizzes in a timely manner.
- Taught Creative writing to a diverse class of 20 students.
Alyssia always takes the time to throughly explain and break down each question. She doesn’t mind going over it more than once, she will cater to your unique learning style and help you. I’ve known her for over 7 years. She is a wonderful tutor/teacher. I recommend her to all families and schools.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$12|
|5 hours||Not available||$80||$60|
|10 hours||Not available||$160||$120|