I approach learning in a very individualistic manner! Everyone learns at their own pace and in their own space, and it is important to recognize that. I enjoy helping others enjoy learning as much as I do, and also enjoy helping others discover their learning style.
I am an experience Academic Mentor and tutor who is passionate about criminal justice, social justice, language acquisition, and psychology.
I am a project coordinator / trip leader and director / Academic Mentor / student leader / research enthusiast / tutor. I have been a tutor for more than a decade, with experience in all age groups. My students have all been able to grow while learning with me, achieving better grades and understanding the content better.
Ryerson University, Toronto Honours Bachelor of Arts in Criminology SEPT 2014 - APRIL 2019
Ryerson University, Toronto Certificate in Mental Health and Addictions APRIL 2017 - APRIL 2019
Global Language Training, Online Certificate in 150 Hours Master TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
APRIL 2018 - AUG 2019
Russell High School, Russell O ntario Secondary School Diploma
● Evolve Tours - Trip Leader
MAY 2018 - PRESENT L ead groups of students on trips around the globe / Act as both tour guide and tour escort / Research clientele and destination location education, history and culture / Public Speaking / Active Listening/
Dispute Management and Conflict Resolution / Coordination of logistics to ensure the trip runs smoothly / Engage in Risk Management / Customer Service / Enforce company policies and procedures / Main emergency contact while on trip
● Ryerson Athletics - Academic Mentor
SEPT 2017 - APRIL 2018; SEPT 2018 - APRIL 2019 W ork one-on-one with individuals who are English as a Second Language (ESL) or have learning exceptionalities on their academics / Tutoring / Confidentiality Required / Assist incoming student athletes with their transition to university and sport / Help determine study plans and develop skills such as time management, academic motivation, organization, accountability, and more / Enforce Study Hall procedures and policies
● Ryerson Athletics - Events and Project Coordinator / Community Events Assistant
SEPT 2016 - SEPT 2017 Project Coordination / Implement a variety of Athletic, Fundraising, Outreach, and Community Initiatives and Events (Athlete Retreats, Staff Retreats, Hall of Fame Ceremonies, Graduation Reception,
Fundraising Events) / Administrative Tasks / Financial and Budget Management / Graphic Design / Volunteer Management / Community Engagement and Outreach / Community Development
● Ryerson Housing and Residence Life - Residential Live-In Student Leader, Academic Link
SEPT2016-APRIL2017C ommunityBuilding/Teamwork/Workingwithincomingyouthtobuildcommunity/86 students academic and service-related mentoring / 40 students living in my community / Informal counseling with
youth experiences of violence, mental health, and homelessness: Confidentiality Required / Coordinate and implement academic programming and events / Advisement on services and support / Enforce residential policies and procedures / Engage in Risk Management / Conflict and Dispute Resolution
● Ryerson Athletics - Academic Services Assistant and Athlete Mentor
MAY 2016 - SEPT 2016 Work alongside the Learning Strategist to plan orientation and outreach related events and programming (Welcome to Ryerson Workshops, Academic Orientations, Athlete Retreat) / Provide education and academic support to varsity student-athletes / Confidentiality Required / Graphic design tasks / Administrative tasks
● Student Ambassador: Admissions and Recruitment Office, Ryerson University, Toronto 2 015 - 2016
● Labourer: Andre Payant Tree Farm, Limoges 2015
● Retail Team Member: Boutique Calypso Theme Waterpark, Limoges 2015
● Server: Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane Farm, Edwards 2 014
● Child Care Provider: Private Parties, 2009 - 2014
● Team Member: Tim Hortons, 2 013 - 2014
→ Willingness to Learn → Motivation and Drive → Adobe Creative Cloud → Microsoft Office → Google Applications → Interpersonal Communication → Research → Tutoring and Mentoring → Active Listening → Administrative Skills → Empathetic → Organized → Policy Analysis → Teamwork → Ability to work within an anti-oppressive framework → Hard Reduction Skills
→ Crisis Management → Conflict Resolution → Working with Vulnerable Populations
● safeTALK, LivingWorksEducation,RyersonUniversity 2016
● Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C, Red Cross 2 016
● Smart Serve 2014
● Legal Research , Ryerson University 2015
● Toronto District School Board & Ryerson University - VAST Program Volunteer
SEPT 2018 - JUNE 2019 V olunteers Assisting Students and Teachers (VAST) / Work with a classroom at Lord Dufferin Elementary School in Regent Park / Engage in Risk Management / Tutoring and Academic Mentoring of Students ranging from 6 years old to 12 years old
● A Safer Brock: The Brock Student Sexual Violence Support Centre - Peer Mentor APRIL 2018 - PRESENT Act as a Peer Mentor to those who need an individual to speak with regarding current or
past life experiences / Active Listening / Empathetic / Crisis Management / De-escalation and Conflict Management
● Ryerson Women in Leadership (RWIL) - Executive Vice-President
MAY 2017 - SEPT 2017 Act as both the Administrative Executive, the Human Resources Executive, and the Vice-President for a Women’s Student Group on campus / Help plan general events and end of year Conference / Help recruit individuals for the Semester-Term team
● Canadian Human Rights International Organization (CHRIO) - International Researcher and Advocate
MARCH 2016 - SEPT 2016 Work alongside a team to promote human rights / Work closely with vulnerable populations / Report Writing / Case Management / Legal Research
● Tri-Mentoring Program, Ryerson University - Peer Mentor
SEPT 2015 - AUG 2016 Work with 2 incoming youth to help ease the transition into university
● CanSkate - Child and Youth Skate Instructor 2013-2014 Teach individuals aged 3 to 14 to skate
● St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic High School & Russell High School - Tutor
2009-2014 Work with individuals one on one in subjects such as English, Science, Math, Chemistry, Art, Research,
Study Skills and Habits, Citations, and Essay Writing
● Student Excellence in Leadership: Ryerson Athletics 2017
● Second Chance Foundation Scholarship: Ryerson Criminology Department 2016
● Entrance Scholarship : Ryerson University 2 014
● Silver Level of Academic Achievement - University Stream: Russell High School 2014
● Scholarship for Community Achievement: Russell High School 2014
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking Test prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$22||$22|