Dealing with ADHD and Dyslexia my entire life I realize that not all students learn the same and will tailor my lesson plans. As long as a student is willing to continue to working with me, I will be more than willing to continue working with the student to ensure success.
I have been a software developer for the past 25 years. I have a bachelors and Masters degree in Computer Information Systems and I taught college level computer science classes at DeVry University for 4 years from 2008 to 2012.
I would prefer online lessons, but I am available for on-site individual or group sessions In Kansas City Missouri or Kansas City Kansas.
Email: (concealed information)
Cell: (concealed information)
As someone living with ADHD and Dyslexia, I understand each student learns differently, so I tailor my lessons for each student and provide a customized individual or group experience.
Bachelor’s degree in CIS from DeVry University
Master degree in CIS from Keller School of Business
APPLICATIONS: Microsoft Office Suite, Visual Basic 5 and 6, Visual Studio (.NET Framework 1.0 to 4.5), Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Visio, Install Shield, Wise Studio, SCIM (Software Deployment) and SharePoint 2010 and 2013
MIDDLE TIER: Visual Basic 4.0 – 6.0, Visual Basic.NET and C#, Legacy ASP, ASP.NET, LINQ to SQL (DBML), LINQ to Object, LINQ to Data-set and LINQ to Entity.
DATABASE: SQL SERVER, MY SQL, MS ACCESS AND ORACLE
Milbank Manufacturing 8-20-2018 to present
• Work on Milbank Manufacturing Kentico website (C# ASP.NET converted to C# MVC)
• Lead the IT documentation process for Milbank
• Maintain and create new C# and C# ASP.NET applications for use in manufacturing
• Maintain and create SQL Server Databases
• Complete IT tickets as assigned
• Support and advice the End of Line process in the manufacturing plants
Capgemini 5-1-2017 to 8-20-2018
• Trained new Developers in ASP.NET 4.5 with C#, SQL Server and LINQ
• Served as the Assistant Team Lead of a 30 member Team and one of four Application Leads for a 5 member team during the transition phase of 300+ Microsoft Desktop and Web Applications from June 1st 2017 to November 30th 2017
• Continued the transition phase starting on February 1st, 2018 to present as one of three Application Specialists focusing mainly on Raytheon’s SharePoint 2010 and 2013 applications
• Work support tickets as assigned to include maintenance and enhancement of the transitioned Microsoft applications
Topsy’s Popcorn Headquarters 1-1-2017 to 4-1-2017
• Worked on maintenance of the Topsy’s Popcorn Sales Website ASP.NET 4.5 / C#
• Created SQL Server Database to house data for sales and inventory at Chiefs and Royals Stadiums
MRI Global 5-8-2016 to 11-11-2016 Client lost funding
• Maintain the OMS and PCMS ASP.NET \ C# Web Applications using Windows Workflows that serve as the repository for proposals submitted to bid for scientific research, tracks the progress from draft to submission along with Won or Lost status and the monetary value of Won contracts.
• Created the ASP.NET \ C# Web Application using LINQ to SQL \ DBML to track individuals traveling overseas for business or personal trips who have a Security Clearance.
• One of three SharePoint 2013 Administrators (running in 2010 mode) responsible for Site Collection creation and modification, Owner, Member and Visitor permission creation and modification and general SharePoint Farm duties
• Primary SharePoint 2013 Developer (running in 2010 mode) using ASP.NET and C# to debug, maintain and modify existing Web Parts and Workflows as well as creation of new Web Parts.
Gill Studio 10-2015 to 4-2016 5 month contract
Senior .NET Developer
• Contracted to maintain and add new functionality to a 3rd Party ERP (Epicor) with Visual Studio C# Win Forms and ASP.NET \ C# Web Forms.
• Taught several sessions of LINQ (LINQ to SQL, Object, Entity and Data Set) to the Development Team
• Added Dynamic LINQ with support for SQL Server Database, Data Set and Objects to several projects.
• Created a seamless Epicor to Visual Studio ‘Pipeline’ using Reflection to call and send data to a C# DLL, process data and send a result set back to Epicor for use in several projects
Commerce Bank C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET with MVC 8-2014 to 10-2015
Senior Software Developer III
• Work on maintaining ASP.NET and creating new MVC 5 Entity Framework 6 bank applications. Also used SQL Server, JSON, JQuery and other related languages
National Marketing Resources C#, legacy ASP, ASP.NET with MVC 8 -2013 to 6-2014
Software Developer III
• Worked on legacy ASP projects (PMI and REWS) to maintain existing functionality and add new functionality as needed. Used Legacy ASP, VBScript and LINQ.
• Wrote numerous SQL Server Reporting Service reports for NMR Seminar Team as needed to pull raw data from SQL Server regarding Seminar attendance.
• Modifications made to several SQL Server tables and added several Stored Procedures used in automatic reports that generated emails concerning orders that were cancelled or paid in full. Also reported on seminar attends and their guests regarding if they made a purchase and how many days of the event were attended by both attendee and guest.
T-System C# ASP.NET 1-2013 to 3-28th 2013 2-month contract
Software Developer III
• Used VBA functionality to take a client’s manual process in medical coding of documents to create spreadsheet with common medical code, name of physician’s data and specialties,
• Automated the Excel date and saving to a SQL Server format.
• Developed the C# Object to automating process an EXCEL spreadsheet of common
Medical coding, sent to the client who would insert the details, send it back and to write C# objects that would import all of that into the SQL Server 2012 Database, ported using SQL Server interface.
DeVry University Kansas City: 10/2008 to 12/2012
• Subjects taught: Visual Basic.NET, C#, Office 2007 and Computer logic and program design.
• Taught courses in the Computer Information Systems program along with core and elective classes to all courses offered at DeVry University and Keller School of Business
Kansys C# and ASP.NET Developer 8/2012 to 10/2012 Client lost funding 2-month contract
Software Developer II
• Provide internal .NET Software Development for use with InterCall and MetraTech in both C# Console applications and ASP.NET with C#. End Client lost funding due to the economy and Kansys could not keep the primary developer hired to work with the End Client.
FMH CoreSource Visual Basic.NET Developer 3-2012 to 8-2012 5-month contract
• Stabilized several Visual Basic.NET applications using SQL Server 2000 and 2008.
• Identified tables and fields used in all stored procedures and applications in preparation to move from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008.
• Scripted tables to new database and create DBML for new Visual Basic.NET project added to current solution file.
• Modify existing stored procedures, triggers and views in SQL 2000 and 2008 along with existing functions, subroutines and classes in Visual Basic.NET applications
• Create new stored procedures, triggers and views in SQL 2000 and 2008 along with creating new functions, subroutines and classes in Visual Basic.NET applications
Heartland Svc 9-2011 to 2-2012 6-month contract
• Maintained several Visual Basic 6 applications for Panasonic Laptop repair, service and sales
• Maintained several SQL Server 2000 databases providing data to Visual Basic 6 applications.
• New or modified functionality to all existing Visual Basic 6 applications and SQL Server databases to include New and edited Stored Procedures, Triggers and Views created upon user request or as needed by new functionality.
• Create several new ASP.NET\C# web based solutions using Visual Studio 2010, AJAX, .NET 3.5 and SQL Server 2000 translating the Visual Basic 6 code to C#.
HNTB: 08/2005 –01/2010
Senior Software Services Specialist and Package developer \ automation specialist
• Developed and maintained software using C#.NET and VB.NET from 08/2005 to 01/2010.
• Worked with Help Desk, Billing, Accounting and other departments to gather user and project requirements for software to be developed or to be maintained.
• Other C# applications written to meet needs of the Service Center and other IT staff. Used SQL Server as database back-end on all projects.
Ciber (Sub-Contractor to USDA) 09/2003 – 08/2005
Software Analyst II and Package Developer
• Work with Ciber / USDA help desk and network engineers to repackage software suites using Wise Packaging Studio and Install Shield Studio (95% Wise Studio, 5% InstallShield Studio).
• Documented all technical related information to aid in future development expansion and technical support. Notify lead user affected by repackaged project and schedule testing to ensure functionality and usability of project for end-users. Write install instructions to be used in case a manual install is needed. Prepare repackaged software projects for future SMS compliance. Work with government personnel to ensure repackaged project meets guidelines for CCE (Common Computing Environment).
• Develop and test Visual Basic.NET applications. Assist in the testing and code reviews of other developers applications written in Visual Basic.NET. Advised in areas where improvements could be made or application speed increased.
basic computer lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer programming lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, computer languages lessons for all!
Taking C# lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|