My teaching philosophy is based in respect, self-discovery, fun, and adaptability. I believe that it is my duty as a teacher to modify lesson plans for my students, to take full advantage of their learning style and non-language related interests. Working together with my students, we can create a learning environment that is non-intimidating, relevant to your life, and above all, helpful to your goals.
I have spent hundreds of hours of teaching and tutoring both English and Spanish as second languages. In college, I spent a year studying in Puerto Rico, where I completed international law courses entirely in Spanish. I score Advanced High on the OPI, a widely respected test of language proficiency.
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science Boise State University, May 2019
Bachelor of Arts in Spanish University of Puerto Rico
Certificate in Non-Profit Management Cumulative GPA: 3.85
English Teacher / Teacher Trainer - Peace Corps August 2019 -- March 2020
- Worked with local counterpart to teach English in a high school setting
- Developed relevant curriculum and activities
Spanish Tutor – Bogus Basin Educational Ski Foundation October 2017 – May 2019
- Meet with two different high school students and one adult on a weekly basis to facilitate a better understanding of grammar rules and facilitate confidence in speaking
- Develop additional educational materials to fill gaps in student knowledge and retention
National Student Exchange – Mayagüez, PR August 2016 – June 2017
- Completed 24 upper division credit hours entirely in Spanish
- Member of Campus Verde, a conservation-oriented organization that visits various beaches to collect trash monthly
- Member of the Centro de Comunicaciones de Mayagüez, a student government club
Community Interpreter – Full Circle Exchange November 2016 – March 2017
- Interpreted legal documents as needed for Spanish speaking refugees upon their resettlement in Boise
Full Circle Exchange - Volunteer English Teacher November 2016 – Aug. 2017
- Taught English to newly resettled female refugees while also helping them adjust to life in the US
- Assured that students had the necessary tools to succeed in the US, often partnering with other agencies that could better serve their needs
- Named “Volunteer of the Month” July 2017
- Total of over 300 hours spent with clients
English Language Center - Tutor December 2015 – May 2016
- Worked with newly resettled refugees looking to augment their English skills
- Collaborated with paid staff to solidify lesson plans, group activities
- Led “game day” every Wednesday morning with educational games
High School Equivalency Program, BSU - Tutor August – December 2015
- Tutored migrant farm workers and their families that are working toward their GED
- Utilized both Spanish and English languages to teach high school level math and science
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||$110||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||$200||$150|