I am a speech-language pathologist who has been practicing for a year. I have extensive practicum experiences with students with language-based learning disabilities, as well as other diagnoses that impede their learning such as ADHD, anxiety, dyslexia and pragmatic challenges. I can provide lessons to students of all ages with any sort of learning or language difficulties. My lessons will always be tailored to your interests, incorporate methodologies that are based on research, and teach the strategies that you need to be a successful and independent learner. I am extremely dedicated to all of students, collaborate with all professionals with whom they work, and have a positive approach to each student. Ensuring that each student is self-aware of their strengths and is able to capitalize on these in order to compensate for areas that need improvement is at the core of my teaching philosophy.
I have been a speech-language pathologist for one year and have experience teaching students with a variety of challenges that impede their academic success including receptive/expressive language disorders, ADHD, anxiety, dyslexia, pragmatic deficits, and executive functioning challenges. My students have all made progress and have demonstrated effective use of taught strategies that they need to become independent and successful lifelong learners. My practicum training experiences were at the Parkside School with students with language-based learning disabilities, a District 75 school with students who are nonverbal and students in ICT classrooms, and at the Hospital for Special Surgery with infants through young adulthood.
- University of Michigan: Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics (4.0 GPA) and Psychology (3.9 GPA)
- Hunter College: Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology (3.97 GPA)
- Winston Preparatory School: Teach children in a 1:1 setting with a variety of learning disabilities
- Hospital for Special Surgery: Provided outpatient speech and language services to infants through adulthood, as well as counseled families regarding client progress and provided management strategies and recommendations to facilitate generalization of clients' goals
- NYC Department of Education District 75: Designed lesson plans and implemented them to kindergarten through elementary-aged children who were in 6:1:1 and ICT classrooms, and provided collaborative therapy using a push-in based model to support access to curriculum
- Parkside School: Facilitated social-based language groups to elementary aged students to strengthen peer interactions and play skills
oral expression - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|