I have a bachelor degree in Physical Therapy and I have been teaching people who has learning difficulties for more than 10 years.
I use the ESL techniques and use exemples and repetition to catch the student's attention.
Depending on the age, I use different resources to teacher portuguese. With children I use a lot of props and with adults I talk about daily life and actualities.
I work a a Substitute teacher for Orange County Public schools and also I have been teaching children and adults with motor and cognitive disabilities.
I have taught english and portuguese to at least 30 students and they could reach many goes at the school for example passing on SAT exams.
Objective : Find an opportunity where I can apply my language teaching experience to contribute to the Company’s success and to continue my professional growth.
Arts and Creativity
Teaching and research
Painter using acrylic and textures
Substitute Teacher - Kindergarten to grade 6
Teaching Portuguese to German speakers
Training healthcare professionals
Treatment of syndromes (Autism, Down syndrome, Cerebral Palsy)
Pilates and Brazilian Fitness® teacher
Research of alternative/ advanced teaching tools and techniques
Intensive care in ICU, Ergonomics
Writer of articles in Portuguese about famous travel destinations (web based articles)
Teaching kids with learning disabilities and responsible for planning logistics
Fluent in English, Portuguese (native)
Advanced in Italian and German (C1)
Proficient with Microsoft Office
Green Card Holder (Citizenship application in progress)
International & entrepreneurial experience
Keywords: Substitute Teacher, Teaching Children with disabilities, Pilates, Postural Global Rehabilitation, Respiratory Therapy, Suit Therapy, Ergonomics Program, International Reservation, Costumer relations, Event planning, Teaching, Painter , Travel writing.
Main Education Milestones
Rehabilitation for children and adults with motor skills disabilities
Post-Graduation in Respiratory Therapy and ICU
Graduation in Physical Therapy
International Reservation, Customer relation, American Airlines
Feb 2016-Feb 2017
Substitute Teacher at Orange County Public Schools in Orlando, United States
Fitness trainer at the Bildungszentrum in Nuremberg, Germany
Aug 2012- June 2013
Lead a multi- disciplinary team, deal with vendors, finances and feedback to parents.
Patient evaluation and definition of treatment plan, for intensive therapy method.
Divulgation of our treatment method to hospitals and medical doctors.
Special medical treatment of patients with acute syndromes
Jul 2008 – June 2013
International Consultant and Teacher
Evaluate medical data, plan treatment, research and provide feedback; give seminars and courses to train health care professionals
- Planned and set up clinics in Bahrain and Brazil, hired and trained employees in Bahrain, UEA, Brazil, Egypt, Malaysia and Portugal.
- Tested equipment’s resistance and quality.
- Provided product reviews.
- Taught several 5-day seminars for professional physiotherapists all over the world
Jan 2012 – Jul 2012
Physical Therapist and Teacher
Assessing, planning, organizing, teaching and participating in rehabilitative programs for children and adults with syndromes, cognitive and motor disabilities. Providing educational information about the proposed intervention, injury prevention, ergonomics, prosthetic or orthotic devices.
- Taught special respiration techniques and exercises to classes of disabled kids
- Developed and implemented new exercises and rehabilitation programs.
- Provided feedback and consultancy to parents and other medical care professionals.
- Defined preventive procedures in medical therapy setting.
- Developed specific goals to accomplish outcomes.
- Strongly supported kids to reach their goals and celebrate their successes
Jan 2006 – May2008
-Use of oxygen therapy, pulmonary drainage procedures, mechanical ventilation and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
-Working on acute care with adults, premature infants, post chirurgical unit.
Jan1994– Apr 2000
American Airlines –
Marketing assistant of the Sales Manager.
- Develop barter agreements with travel agencies, ideas and campaigns for special offers.
- Manage relationship with customers, vendors, advertisers and identified business opportunities.
- Dealing with passengers regarding reservations, ticketing and mile programs.
- Promotion and participation in events to demonstrate new services and routes.
- Manage entries in Sabre
References available upon requests
brazilian portuguese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest portuguese lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - portuguese lessons for all!
Taking translation - portuguese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$22||$18|