I approach teaching based on the learner. First I like to do pre-assessments to figure out how much the student knows. Based on this, I tailor my lesson plans to fit the unique needs of each student. After the lesson, I like to do a post-assessment to see the students' progress and tailor following lessons as necessary.
I have been teaching for the past two years. I am a bilingual elementary school teacher. I teach all subjects. My students have surpassed local and state goals at the end of each year. I teach in Dallas, Texas, USA.
Bilingual Pre-K Teacher, August 2016 – Present
Kiest Elementary School, Dallas TX
* Extensive experience with class management, lesson planning, evaluations and incorporating data into teaching.
* Mentorship with experienced and highly qualified, coaches, teachers and administration.
* Experience working with students in a high-needs school.
* Experience working with largely Latino, Spanish-speaking community.
* Familiarity working with kids with special needs.
Compass Alternative Certification Academy, June 2016 – August 2016
Reilly Elementary School, Dallas TX
* Accepted into highly selective and rigorous alternative certification program.
* Received high scores on formal evaluations.
* Extensive experience with hands-on teaching for a bilingual 2nd grade class.
* Mentorship with experienced and highly qualified 4th grade bilingual math teacher.
* Received ongoing graduate-level training, focused on developing the skills necessary to build strong classroom culture and rigorous instruction.
* Experience working with students in a high-needs school.
Human Rights Initiative, Dallas TX March 2015 – June 2016
Client Intake Manager
* Bilingual proficiency and cultural competency. Use cross-cultural skills to provide victims of trauma legal relief is tailored to their unique cultural needs. Client base is majority Spanish speaking, Latino women and children.
* Legal screening: Use knowledge of immigration law and critical thinking to screen clients for appropriate forms of legal relief.
* Resource referral: Assess each client’s needs & direct them to alternative legal, social and community resources.
* Case management: Utilize management skills to facilitate communication with clients, establishing strict boundaries and expectations which maximize client compliance and case success.
* Productivity: Restructured client intake procedures, making outdated processes considerably more time efficient and technologically advanced, thereby increasing the number of clients HRI serves.
International Rescue Committee, Dallas TX June 2014 – March 2015
* Advocated for disempowered refugees families in Dallas, focusing on family reunification and successful assimilation.
* Prepare and file immigration application. Correspond regularly with USCIS and State Department.
* Tailor legal and social services to each client’s unique cultural needs.
* Acquire and translate necessary legal documents (foreign and domestic) in Spanish and French.
Sociology BA. Graduated: May 2014. GPA: 3.14. The University of Texas at Dallas Richardson
Relevant Coursework: Sociology of Immigrants and Immigration; Latin American Politics; Culture of Andean Societies; International Development; Social Policy in Modern Societies; Research and Writing for Social Practice
* Andean Bilingual Education Project. Independently researched the state of bilingual education in highland Peruvian communities. Explored challenges in formulating intercultural curriculums, and the different international and local bodies involved in the education of indigenous Peruvian youths.
* North Texas Bilingual Education Research Project. Carried out a research project to learn about bilingual education in the Garland school district. Formulated surveys, collected and analyzed data, and interpreted findings for future research in field.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Technologically proficient (MSWord and Excel, Web design)
* Client intake and case management background – assess needs, relief and resources.
* Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish and English
* Extensive experience in verbal and written translations.
* Proficient in MS Office and case management software
* Excellent time management skills
* Strong organizational skills
Volunteer Work and Community Involvement
Catholic Charities Pro-Se Asylum Clinic, Dallas TX
Volunteer Spring 2016 – Fall 2016
* Asylum clinic: help clients with no alternative relief apply for asylum Pro-Se.
Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, Dallas TX
Volunteer Spring 2015 – Fall 2016
* Outreach and advocacy women’s reproductive health; emphasis on the N. Texas Latina community.
Groundwork Dallas, Dallas TX
Curriculum Intern February 2012 – August 2012
* Worked in a small team to design the curriculum for a science enrichment program designed for low-income communities. Program provided students with education and leadership experience, with emphasis on environmental issues.
* Coordinated with Uplift Education at William’s Preparatory High School in Dallas.
* Worked hands-on with students & volunteers – in the classroom and the field.
* Helped organize meetings and communicate between students, school administrators and teachers.
Spring Creek Elementary School, Garland TX
Bilingual Kindergarten Volunteer Fall 2009 – Spring 2010
* Provided support and assistance to the teacher and students in a bilingual kindergarten classroom.
* Assisted bilingual teachers with literacy activities to develop students’ vocabulary and language comprehension.
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest college / university preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sociology lessons for all!
Taking social studies lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||$75||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||$150||$150|