I provide an in-depth, engaged learning experience tailored to students' needs to ensure their academic success, including exercises, homework and research support, confidence-building measures, test-taking techniques and practice tests. I make myself available between classes to address questions and concerns.
I have offered private tutoring and taught math, science and history in the Alameda, Oakland and West Contra Costa School Districts at the high school level for ten years. I have taught both AP and special needs students, as well as at an international high school for newly arriving immigrants.
Classes cancelled on same day pay $20. Otherwise, no charge.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Ten Years Experience Tutoring and Substitute Teaching
• California State Career Substitute Teaching Credential, Emergency 30-Day Credential
• Passed CBEST and CSET in Social Sciences (2008)
• Completed Oakland Teaching Fellows Training Program (Summer, 2008)
Bachelor of Arts degree, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Accounting Certificate, New York University, New York, NY
06/20/2017-Present, Tutor, Wyzant,
01/20/2017-Present: Substitute Teacher, West Contra Costa Unified School District
03/2008–Present: Substitute Teacher, Oakland Unified School District
03/2008–12/21/2016: Substitute Teacher, Alameda Unified School District
08/2008–06/2009: STIP Substitute Teacher, Oakland Unified School District
• Three month assignment at Hillside Academy teaching physical science and social studies.
06/2008¬–08/2008: Oakland Teaching Fellows Training Institute, Excel High School, Oakland, CA
• Rigorous six-week training in all areas of successful teaching in high-need schools, including instructional design and delivery; classroom management and culture
• Teacher, Fremont High School, Oakland, CA
• Lakeyah Green, Human Resources, WCCUSD, (concealed information), (concealed information)
• Lynnette Calvin, Human Resources, OUSD, (concealed information), (concealed information)
• Joie Garchar, Human Resources, AUSD, (concealed information), (concealed information)
• Veronica Garcia Montejano, Co-Principal, Oakland International High School,
(concealed information), (concealed information)
• Mary Tishman, Bilingual Teacher (ret) Lazear Elementary School, OUSD, (concealed information),
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|