My method is individualized - I try to figure out what your strengths and weaknesses are and why you are not understanding something, and then work with you until you get it. I believe that any student can learn, but the trick is finding the key.
I have 20 years of experience tutoring and teaching many subjects, including math (from pre-algebra to AP Calculus and Statistics), Physics (including AP), Chemistry, and test prep (ACT, SAT, GMAT, and GRE). I have taught in the US and abroad.
I ask that a student cancel at least the day before, if possible.
Center for Talented Youth, Johns Hopkins University
• Taught Science and Engineering (SCEN) course for 5th-7th grade children at a summer camp
• Duties included labs and teaching basic physics and engineering concepts using hands-on experiments and demonstrations
• Create and develop content for online high-school physics course
• Tutor middle- and high-school math and science (physics and chemistry)
• Teach and tutor test-prep courses, including SAT, ACT, and the GMAT
2010 – 2011
Beth Tfiloh Dahan Community School, Baltimore, MD
• Taught Honors Physics, AP Physics, and Conceptual Physics to 10th and 11th graders
• Ran Science Club for high school students
2009 – 2010:
Yeshiva of Greater Washington, Boys Division, Rockville, Maryland
• Taught math and science to boys grades 7-12
• Subjects taught include 7th-grade Life Science, 9th-grade Algebra, 12th-grade Earth Science, and 8th-grade Physical Science
• Ran Science Club for middle- and high-school students
2008 – 2009:
College Living Experience (CLE), Rockville, Maryland
• Tutor for college students with autism spectrum disorders, Asperger's, nonverbal learning disorders, ADD/ADHD and other learning disabilities
• Subjects tutored include math, English, and study skills
2007 – 2008:
Lake Braddock Secondary School, Burke, Virginia
• Full-time teacher of Physics and Active Physics (conceptual physics course)
2006 – 2007:
Rockville High School, Rockville, Maryland
• Student teacher for Honors Physics, AP Physics, and Matter and Energy (freshman-level physics/chemistry course)
International Language Institute, Washington DC
• Taught GRE course to adults
• Topics included math, English vocabulary and essay-writing
2003 – 2006:
Kaplan Educational Services
• 2005 – 2006: After-school mathematics tutor for 7th- and 8th-grade students at Assumption School, Washington, DC
• 2003 – 2005: Teacher and tutor for the GMAT
• Topics taught: algebra, geometry, and English grammar
2002 – 2005:
University of Maryland, College Park
• Teaching Assistant in the Philosophy Department
• Taught college students in philosophy discussion sections, including ethics and introductory courses
• Taught essay-writing skills
1998 – 2002:
GMAX Test Preparation, Tel Aviv, Israel
• Taught and tutored adults and high-school students for the SAT, GRE, TOEFL and GMAT
• Subjects taught included algebra, geometry, calculus, logic, and English as a Foreign Language
• Wrote, edited, and prepared class material and homework for above courses
MA in Philosophy
BA in Liberal Arts
physics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$50|