I graduated from Brown University with an honorary Bachelor's degree. I received a Masters in Comparative Literature from Rutgers University, where I also taught literature and film, and a Masters in Literature from the University of Buenos Aires. I am a published writer and have over five years of experience editing and copywriting for publications and websites.
I have been giving classes and tutoring students for the past ten years. Prior to that, while in high school, I also tutored students. I've taught classrooms of at most twenty students and have also tutored students on an individual or small group basis. Students have always reached their goal of receiving good or excellent marks on their papers or tests. When teaching languages, students have expressed success while traveling or at work, when having to utilize the new language.
Freelance Communications Writer July 2016-Present
• Publicity Associate for BAMcinématek (Brooklyn Academy of Music) (Part-Time)
• Communications Associate for Sp0n (Vigilante iOS App)
Freelance Culture Journalist: Indiewire, Cineaste, Film Quarterly, etc 2014-Current
• Published celebrity interviews, TV & movie features, film festival coverage, movie reviews, “best of” lists, special events coverage, book reviews, and film conference papers
Writer: Tribeca Film Festival (TribecaFilm.com/authors/melina-gills) January-June 2016
• Published articles and interviews for the 2016 festival film, TV, and VR programming
Undergraduate Instructor, Rutgers University August 2014- June 2016
• Designed and taught literature and film courses in “Comparative Literature”
• Assisted tenure professors with such tasks as grading student term papers
Editorial, Writing Intern: Indiewire 2014 ((concealed information)
Freelance Copywriter and Editor: Various Clients 2010-Current
• Produced, edited, or proofread content for websites, textbooks, social media, marketing
Freelance Spanish-English Translator: DOCTV, SE BUE, etc. 2010-Current
• Translated film subtitles, textbooks, legal documents, stories, poetry, and dissertations
English Instructor and Private Tutor: Hablemos Inglés, Sam Marsalli 2010-2012
Film Post-Production Assistant: Racing Dreams, The Tillman Story, etc. 2009-2010
• Logged footage, transcribed interviews, and provided general support for documentaries
Communications Coordinator: Center for Architecture Gallery (AIA) 2008-2009
• Wrote newsletters, press releases, blog posts, print content, and all publicity materials
Public Relations Intern: Anthology Film Archives Summer 2008
Film Projectionist and Archival Assistant: Brown University 2006-2008
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Academic tutoring to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, reading lessons for all!
Taking Homework help has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|