Practice tests. Practice tests. Practice tests. Half of the battle is knowing your enemy and using your time wisely on top of the material. I'm a very confident test taker and will show you multiple ways to solve problems and highlight the most efficient methods. Even if you lack material, I have years of saved practice exams from my undergrad to review. I also like story-telling, especially with chemistry, since memorable historical events and break-throughs can be very helpful in remembering certain chemistry concepts.
I'm a recent Chemical Engineering graduate from USC heading to Stanford University for my masters. I have been tutoring for 4 years now, with chemistry, engineering, and physics specifically for the last two years. I teach most commonly at the college level, but also have a lot of experience teaching for the high school and chemistry competition level. On top of this, I teach in the context of major standardized exams, such as the SAT or GRE.
Reza J. Talieh
Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA Expected June 2020
Master of Science in Chemical Engineering
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA May 2018
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering - Sustainable Energy Emphasis GPA: 3.91/4.00
• Selected for half-tuition Presidential Scholarship given to 200 of 3100 students.
• Designated as an inaugural Viterbi Fellow and awarded a Merit Research stipend.
• Ken Richardson Selected Scholar and W.V.T. Rusch Engineering Honors Program Member.
Relevant Coursework: Analytical Chemistry, Computer Aided Process Design, Engineering Economy, Nanotechnology Engineering, Separations Processes, Sustainable Energy
Science Outreach at USC, Los Angeles, CA September 2014-present
• Managed classroom experiment visits and emergency response for 5 neighboring schools.
• Led 225 STEM field undergraduates and a forty-three person Executive Board weekly.
• Developed 3rd-grade science experiments to foster an appreciation of STEM fields.
SC Solar Car Team, Los Angeles, CA September 2014-January 2017
Vice President of Engineering
• Designed cooling systems, presided meetings of mechanical, electrical, and systems sub-teams, updated team website, and secured funds for annual competitions.
El-Naggar Laboratory, Los Angeles, CA
Research Assistant December 2014-present
• Conducted an analysis of nano-scale chalcogenide product formation from Shewanella oneidensis, with emphasis on crystal structure and band gap characteristics.
• Assisted design of bioreactor experiments to study the electrical properties of Shewanella bacteria biofilm for presentation in the March 2018 American Physical Science Meeting.
• Gained eclectic experience through varied projects in nanomaterial characterization, bacterial research methods, and literature review of biogenic synthesis schemes.
Capstone Design of an ABE Fermentation Plant, Los Angeles, CA
• Designed feed prep, fermentation, and separation of bio-butanol fuel from corn from engineering, economic viability, safety, and process control paradigms.
• Computer: Advanced MS PowerPoint, Advanced MS Word, Advanced MS Excel, Mac OSX, MATLAB, PRO II, Windows 10
• Engineering: Gas Chromatography, Spectrophotometry, X-ray Diffraction Analysis
physics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking chemical engineering lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$17|