I primarily teach high school and middle school students, but have taught college students as well. My vision as a private educator is to debunk the "math talent" myth. With the right method and communication, I truly believe that anyone can enjoy and learn mathematics.
My teaching style shifts student to student. Not everyone learns the same and over the years, I've learned to adapt to different levels of students. When I teach advanced students, I like to teach more abstractly. When I teach struggling students, I make sure to reestablish foundations before moving onto their current subject.
I graduated from UC Irvine after studying math and economics. Initially, I worked in finance, but transitioned to private education. I taught every level of high school mathematics, ranging from Algebra to AP Calculus. I also teach SAT, SAT Subject Test: Mathematics, ACT, and coach Math Olympiads.
After a few years of teaching, I worked in curriculum design and development. I've written lessons, questions, and practice exams for the SAT, ACT, and math competitions.
For Math Olympiad and AMC tutoring, my rates are $180\hr or $300\2hrs.
Ardent Academy for Gifted Youth Irvine, CA
Content Developer/Instructor October 2018 – Present
• Responsible for conceptualizing and creating original curriculum to prepare students of various ages for Math Olympiads
• Analyze new education policies and constantly update curriculum to compensate for weak public education standards
• Coach students of all ages on various math competition topics, such as number theory, probability, and proof methods
• Provide consultation to parents and students on Math Olympiad curriculum, standardized testing and general career paths
• Spearheaded a new team of content developers and curriculum management process
o Managed new content developers by assigning projects and conducting weekly progress meetings
o Prepared training materials and templates on technical software, such as LaTeX and Geometer’s Sketchpad
Elite Educational Institute Irvine, CA
Curriculum Developer Feb 2018 – October 2018
• Manage and update current curriculum for standardized tests, such as SAT, SAT II Subject, ACT, and Advanced Placement
• Utilized LaTeX and Python to implement new questions on practice tests and lessons to provide better preparation
• Coordinated with company executives to support new curriculum and restructure outdated lessons and practice exams
• Draft new content for future curriculum, such as computer science, math competitions, and other standardized tests
• Collect and analyze data on standardized test trends, concepts, and averages to constantly build on current curriculum
Elite Educational Institute Irvine/Laguna Hills, CA
Instructor – Mathematics July 2016 – October 2018
• Instruct high school students on the mathematics portion of standardized tests, including ACT, SAT, and SAT Subject Tests
• Process and analyze student performance data to pinpoint weaknesses and implemented individualized study plans
• Had a vast majority of Summer Bootcamp students score in the 99th percentile on the mathematics portion of the SAT/ACT
• Consult parents and students on optimal test taking strategies, GPA management, and general high school career paths
• Train and manage new instructors on efficient teaching techniques, classroom management, and current curriculum
CB Capital Partners Inc. Newport Beach, CA
Investment Banking Summer/Fall Analyst July 2013 – August 2014
• Conducted valuation analyses on multiple industries using DCF, comparable company and precedent transaction methods
• Authored pitch books for potential clients that resulted in the start of multiple deals across various sectors in technology
• Prepared confidential memorandums, due diligence lists, buyer lists, and investor presentations across multiple deals
• Co-authored industry research reports on consumer apparel, aerospace and defense, gaming, and macroeconomic trends
Jung is a fantastic instructor. He has a flair for mathematics that I have never seen before from any math teacher. In studying with him, Jung has tailored each and every lesson to me and will always reach out for feedback to make my learning experience better. He has a unique style of teaching which combines just the right amount of casualness -- which I have never seen before in the likes of any mathematics instructor -- with serious, effectual explanations. Furthermore, his credentials in mathematics are numerous: among others, he is a USAMO qualifier. I have seen (and worked with) many olympiad qualifiers in the past, but Jung is one of the greatest teachers of them all.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trigonometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|