My teaching method is practice makes perfect. I am working towards a Bachelor's of Science as a Biology Major, have a 3.9 GPA, and was valedictorian of my high school. My methods of instruction mostly consist of practice tests to strengthen areas in which students excel and isolate areas in which students require more attention. As a tutor, I believe that enthusiasm and patience is key and will do everything in my power to help you succeed as a student.
I am an undergraduate Biology major and Presidential Scholar at Villanova University who has been involved in tutoring programs independently and within school programs. All students that I had worked with independently achieved mastery in their respective subjects on Regents Exams and had a new understanding for subjects with which they struggled.
Minimum notice for cancellation is 4 hours.
Villanova University, Villanova, PA August 2017-Present
Presidential Scholarship Recipient
Holy Trinity High School, Hicksville, NY
Nosanchuk Lab, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Bronx, NY June 2017-August 2017
• Completed successful onboarding in a federally funded laboratory including completing mandatory drug testing, and sexual harassment, assault and misconduct training.
• Familiarized myself with laboratory equipment.
• Prepared laboratory materials for post-graduate students.
Stop & Shop: Produce Woodbury, NY June 2017-August 2017
• Maintained integrity of stock.
• Ensured the smooth passage of perishable produce from to delivery to store until selection by customer.
Holy Trinity High School Athletic Department, Hicksville, NY July 2014-2017
Volleyball Camp Counselor
• Coordinated volleyball coaching sessions for up to 25 female campers aged 11-13.
• Ensured the safety of campers through appropriate and regular warm-ups.
• Maintained safety and security through regular attendance checks.
• Local Program Host for the Special Olympics
• Member, Feminova
• Member, Association for Change and Transformation (ACT)
• Member, Villanova Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
• Member, Outdoors Club
• Habitat for Humanity Service Justice Experience in Marion County
• Executive Board for Presidential Scholars, Co-Chair for the Interview Program
• President, National Honor Society
• Sports Editor, Yearbook
• Member, Science Olympiad
• Freshman Mentor, Campus Ministry Team
• Tutor for Math, Science, and History
• CORE Ambassadors: Tour guides for Open House, Middle School Presentations
HONORS & AWARDS
Math, Science, and Quill & Scroll Honor Society ◦ St. John’s Women in Science Award ◦ AP Scholar ◦ Alumni Scholarship (High School) ◦ J. Damien Vaccacio Memorial Scholarship in Mathematics (High School)
Academic tutoring close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Homework help to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, high school entrance exam lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|