My basic teaching method is encouragement... anyone can do math and homework! I base each class on where the student is in school work and how I can help the student understand and complete their homework. I approach each topic with logic and understanding so that I can pass that along to the student.
I am a recruiter at a technology startup in NYC. I have tutored kids K-12 with homework and math help. I have a degree in Sociology from Wake Forest University in NC with minors in Religion and Latin American Studies.
Melissa A. Gauthier
235 E 24th Street | New York, NY 10010 | (concealed information) | (concealed information) | LinkedIn
OS33 - New York, NY October 2018-Present
• Recruit for Technology industry across many functions, including: IT, Operations, Engineering, and Marketing/Sales
• Manage full-cycle recruiting from sourcing to close; selected as 200+ person company’s only full-time recruiter
• Schedule meetings for department managers with C-Suite Executives; collaborate with hiring managers to create the desired profile for each new open requisition; report directly to CFO on a weekly basis on company recruitment efforts and new hires
• Organize campus recruiting events at NJIT and NYU for the first time in company’s history; gathered marketing collateral by collaborating with Marketing Team made specifically for recent graduates and/or future interns
• Interact with potential candidates on social media and professional networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Slack and Github); schedule interviews for hiring managers and follow up for feedback; prepare for approval and send offer letters to candidates
• Craft and send recruiting emails/inmails; identify qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques (e.g. Boolean Search); develop talent pipelines for future hiring needs
• Ask for referrals from current employees and external networks and promote employer brand online and offline
• Maintain candidate databases (e.g. via our Applicant Tracking System) and communicate with past applicants regarding new job opportunities
Genuine Search Group - New York, NY June 2016-September 2018
• Recruited for Finance/Accounting, Operations, Legal, Engineering, IT, Marketing/Sales, and Human Resources functions. Selected from 300 candidates for start-up company’s first entry level position and fifth employee
• Successfully placed 17 candidates in first year, resulting in over $180,000 in revenue; provided tailored interview preparation for candidates
• Managed full-cycle recruiting from sourcing to closing; acted as sole recruiter for high volume talent acquisition activities in fast-paced environment for positions salaried $80K-$225K; promoted within first year from placing positions salaried $45K-$70K
• Placed 2-3 candidates per month, successfully filling roles above quota; managed 10 leads on average; demonstrated ability to prioritize and work efficiently and recognized for placing most temporary placements per month
• Managed offer process including salary negotiation, offer letter distribution and responses, background and reference checks; created invoices for temporary and permanent placements; updated log with available and filled positions
• Creatively utilized online recruiting platforms and networking to source qualified active and passive candidates
• Developed new client relationships through direct marketing efforts
• Worked directly with management team to improve talent acquisition process by tracking successful methods of sourcing, recruiting and client management and implementing changes; mentored new recruiter
• Created a handbook for new recruiter hires for training and onboarding program, including: sourcing strategies, directions to post jobs on recruiting online platforms, example emails to potential candidates, checklists of questions to ask candidates for specific positions, interview and resignation preparation checklist
Wake Forest University - Winston-Salem, NC May 2016
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, minors in Latin American Studies and Religion
• Merit Supplemental & College Scholarships, awarded for exceptional promise and leadership potential to members of constituencies traditionally underrepresented in the College; Porter B. Byrum & Wake Forest Scholarship
University of Diego Portales - Santiago, Chile Spring 2014 Semester Study Abroad Program
• Excelled in language immersion program; lived with host family; completed courses in Spanish history, art, music, linguistics, and literature; interned at Youth for Understanding, an international educational exchange program
Spanish, Microsoft Office, LinkedIn Recruiter, Monster, Indeed, ZipRecruiter, Bullhorn, Greenhouse
Academic tutoring close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Homework help to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Afterschool pick-up & Baby-sitting for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$37||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||$116||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||$214||$150|