My teaching methodology is to guide you in showing me what you know so I can work with your foundation to build you a ladder to your goal. I do not teach for memorization and from a predetermined starting point. I believe connecting knew knowledge to what you already have can get you to where you need to go quickly and with less stress.
I have been professionally tutoring for 6 years and have been trained as a university employee to do so. I have tutored countless students from a variety of subject areas with the discipline of writing. Many students succeeded in obtaining their degrees and surpass the academic goals they set for themselves. I also have studied to teach English language and have a vast knowledge of American Literature.
Rates are flexible based on circumstance and academic level.
Roger Williams University, Bristol, RI December 2017
Bachelor of Art in Psychology GPA: 3.5 Minor: Public and Professional Writing
Rhode Island Nursing Institute Middle College, Providence, RI October 2018-Present
Academic Support Specialist
• Cover or assist classes with class room management, academic work, and lesson planning.
Roger Williams University College, Providence, RI January 2017- Present
• Meet with students in person, via email, phone or video chat to tutor with writing in any content area.
Key Program, Inc. Fall River, MA January 2018-August 2018
Roger Williams University: Center for Academic Learning, Bristol, RI
Writing Center Tutor August 2014-December 2017
• Tutored diverse students including ELL’s across all academic discipline with writing and editing skills.
Writing Fellow September 2016-May 2017
• Work closely with an assigned group of students and their professor by helping students to better understand and write according to the professor’s requests for an Introduction to Political Science, Politics, and the Media class.
New England Peer Tutor Association (NEPTA) Annual Forum, Providence College
Presenter April 1st, 2017
• Title: Come One, Come All: Improve your Writing Tutoring via Transcription
Abstract: “The Writing Center at Roger Williams University uses a unique process for enriching their writing tutor training…”
Psychology Department, Roger Williams University, Bristol
Research Assistant January 2017-May 2017
• Conducted database research regarding ingroup and outgroup perception and synthesized literature used to create a research design to be proposed to the University Human Subjects Review Board under the supervision of a faculty member.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking Resume / Cover letter writing prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$140||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$280||$200|