My passion is to help students understand how to read rhythm and musical notation. If you can not read, it is difficult, if not impossible, to practice. Passion is a byproduct of understanding. I like to give specific goals during each lesson, then conclude with a short review at the end.
I served in the Army Band, as flutist for 6 years and have been teaching for 21+ years in both pubic and private schools. 8 years of that time I served as a teacher/missionary in Bangkok, Thailand. I learned a lot about different cultures as there were 22 different nations at the school where I taught.
I prefer 30 minute lessons to start.
Pay for 5 thirty minute weekly lessons up front. Weekly lessons build accountability, responsibility and consistency.
24 hour cancellation policy. Full re-schedule X-2 (Life happens. Communication is the key)
B.M., University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ. Major: Music Education. Certified to teach K - 12 Music.
B.M., University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ. Major: Flute Performance.
Honor Graduate U.S. Army School of Music, Norfolk, VA. Major: Flute, general studies. (1986).
- Director of Bands International Community School, Bangkok, TH. Teach grade six through twelve students from 23 different countries, the language of music.
- Director of Bands Jordan High School. Columbus, GA. Began rebuilding an inner-city program by establishing discipline, self-respect, and respect for others as the foundation.
- Director of Bands Harris County High School. Hamilton, Georgia. Restructured an ailing program to meet the needs of the community and stakeholders. Concert, Jazz, and Marching Bands.
- Director of Bands Stratford High School Goose Creek, SC. Continued building a well established program. 150 members. Concert, Jazz, and Marching Bands.
- Professional Flutist/Saxophonist U.S. Army Bands, San Francisco, CA. Columbus, GA. Played for the Presidents of the United States, and the Philippines; US Secretary of Defense, troop returns from Saudi Arabia, Golden Gate Bridge 50th Celebration, Chinese New Years Ceremonies, Concerts in the Park, and Concerts Under The Stars. (Six Years Total).
I had Jason as a band teacher in middle school. He was very patient with each student and he did a great job giving us the resources we needed to get better. Now as an adult, I appreciate how hard he worked to help us even more. He went above and beyond and was very knowledgeable. The impact he had on me as my band teacher will stick with me for the rest of my life.
Mr. Jason was my high school band director during my senior year. During the year he has pushed my potential and encouraged me to take my expression and playing to the next level. I wouldn't be on my musical path if it wasn't for him giving me a chance to be myself.
flute lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest saxophone lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, clarinet lessons for all!
Taking trumpet lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$65||$50|