High School Diploma (2008-2010) - Army Public School
Pre- Engineering - College Degree (2008-2010) - Army Public College
Geo-Informatics Engineering - Bachelors Degree (2010-2014) - National University of Sciences and Technology
Masters in Geographic Information Systems - Masters Degree (2014-2016) - Lehman College CUNY
Have strong Engineering background with mathematics, environmental sciences and geography as core subjects. Giving the clear concept is my first step of teaching, asking questions based on there response and lastly illustrating them easy and quick way of understanding the lessons.
Teaching student is an art- an art comes from your mind and enthusiasm' not by running in race of battle.
I have done Engineering which is a solid proof of being in Love with MATH !
Experienced tutoring math, science, geography, social studies and English, I have been in this field since past 7 years.
I do private in home tutoring, each student takes above 90% grades on their test and exams.
I have a professional attitude during tutoring while keeping my students comfortable and flexible which is why they love to keep in touch.
Apart from that I have done 2 years of tutoring plus lectureship in Lehman College CUNY for Python Programming in GIS.
The rates might depend on how many subjects student need to study an hour
If student is really weak and takes a lot time in understanding, I will find best to teach him/her an extra hour
Kashmala Ikram Chaudhry
8829 Fort Hamilton Parkway AT C51, Brooklyn NY
Mobile number: (concealed information); Email: (concealed information)
Summary of qualifications:
High level of organization skills, focused on productivity, strong attention skill, High level math solving and conveying skills, personal interest in math and science subjects. Experience managing young kids while tutoring. Strong skills with Geographic Information Systems; geographic analysis of environmental parameters; raster analysis; worked with DSAS; experience researching, gathering, manipulating ,digitizing, editing, reviewing, correcting and integrating geographic data from a variety of sources and organizing and preparing database schema, acquiring satellite imagery USGS Earth Explorer, practical work at Geological sites and spatial analysis on health and population demographic issues; creating strong communicating maps on current public glitches with robust hands on experience at web map making.
City University of New York (CUNY), Lehman College, USA January 2015 – August 2016
Masters in Geographic Information Science (MS)
National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan 2006 – 2010
Bachelor in GeoInformatics Engineering, School of Civil Engineering
Current Cummulative GPA: 3.9
Achievements: 1) Worked as a University Lecturer for teaching Python Programming in GIS to
MS-GISc students in City University of New York.
2) Awarded Best Final Year Project Thesis for the year 2016 by CUNY and ESRI company “URBAN HEAT ISLAND EFFECT, FINDING CORRELATION BETWEEN BUILDNG HEIGHT AND LAND SURFACE TEMPERATURE”
Tutor May 2010- Present
- Experience teaching kids elementary and High level Math, Science and English subjects
- Taught kids of different age groups from 3-9 years, 10-18 years in school and by visiting their homes.
- Maintained positive attitude and patience towards students since every child has different mind and trouble understanding the content.
- Know ways to motivate students when they become frustrated by material they don’t understand
- Strong Mathematical skills plus past 6 years’ experience of teaching different levels of math.
Supervisor December 2014- Currently working
- Responsible for monitoring performance/customer service of employees
- Managing the sales floor during peak hours of operation to ensure efficient service
- Complete weekly food and paper inventory
- Maintain all databases and POS systems, ensuring that they are up-to-date.
- Assist in daily cash management functions.
Emergency Management NYC, Brooklyn New York October-May 2015-2016
- Map making using strong cartographic and Geovisualization skills.
- Maintained Sandy Hurricane destruction projects using GIS analysis techniques
- Worked on development of coastal changes occurred by Hurricanes
NYC Department of City Planning (DCP) June-August 2015
GIS Analyst Intern
- Updating City Addresses, creating Building Identification number (BIN) based on Tax Block and Lot information of NYC
- Working with Property Address Directory(PAD) for creating updating and storing data of Buildings and Structures
- City Tax Map making, working with constantly changing database
- Manage city planning and development projects
Land Marketing and Research, Islamabad, Pakistan June-August 2013
GIS Developer (Intern)
-Web Mapping Application (ArcGIS Server) using ArcGIS tools, Google Map API
-Digitizing data from satellite imagery
-Data quality control and accuracy for selected districts, cities and provinces of Pakistan.
Software skills: ArcGIS suite (Course GEP 635 Natural hazards and disaster Management and GEP 690 Spatial Analysis of Urban Health), IDRISI and ENVI (Remote Sensing) Quantum GIS (GEP 621 Applications of Remote Sensing), Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), web design languages and applications (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, REST API) (GEP 680 Web Mapping), Pythonwin, IDLE for scripting and creating Toolboxes (Course GEP 660 Python Programming in GIS),open-source databases (Postgres SQL and POSTGIS), Geoda for statistical analysis(Course Geostatistics and analytical concepts in GIS) ArcGIS online and data management(Course GEP620 Population Demography), SQL(and also completed my last course to apply all GIS techniques in a beautiful world of cartography (Course GEP 690 GeoVisualization and Cartography)
Hobby: Exploring new things reading books, blogs and GIS articles, internet surfing, customer dealing creating maps with strong cartographic skills.
Status: Permanent Resident/ Green Card Holder NY, USA
Kashmala was an excellent and diligent graduate student, very reliable and responsible. She also served as a tutor in our Geographic Information Science (GISc) Laboratory for several terms, tutoring undergraduates and graduate students and performing general assistance to the GISc program. She is a thoughtful mature person who is very good at explaining complex concepts and making them understandable. I believe she will be an asset to the teaching profession.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$38||$44||Not available|
|5 hours||$150||$180||Not available|
|10 hours||$300||$360||Not available|