My lesson plans are designed to keep students motivated and engaged in the task by focusing on the students individual interests. I like to incorporate both authentic and non-authentic materials, to use games, all while focusing on the goal of helping the students become proficient in the English language.
I am a native English speaker.. I have been giving private lessons for three years since moving here to Ecuador, I have a TEFL certificate to teach English as a foreign language, I have also completed training in Business English, and in teaching English to young learners
• As an enthusiastic manager and teacher during my past professions, I pride myself on being able to motivate and encourage both students and employees to achieve self-improvement and obtain unexpected goals. Now as a qualified EFL teacher, I enjoy using my artistic skills creating interesting teaching materials and motivating students. I work well as a team member and have the ability to work with all age groups. Mature and young at heart, I have a wide variety of outside interest and am committed to further improving my teaching skills and contributing to the success of the school.
TEFL MASTER 220 HR COURSE | 2019 | INTERNATIONAL TEFL & TESOL TRAINING
• Created lesson plans from a variety of levels from pre-intermediate to advanced
• Completed program included Teaching English to Young Learners and Business English
• Created course materials for various levels including research of ESL internet sites
• Good grasp of English grammar and how to teach the essential language
• I enjoyed all facets of the TEFL training and feel prepared to lead classes and help students reach their full potential.
SECOND DEGREE BLACK BELT | 1994 | KC CHUNG TAE KWON DO
• Certified in accordance with the Kukkiwon in Seoul, Korea
• Florida State Taekwondo Champion 1991-1992 and fought on Team USA 1991
ARCHITECTURAL/STRUCTURAL DRAFTING TECHNOLOGY | 1989 | NEW ENGLAND INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
• Graduated summa cum laude 4.0 GPA
UNITED STATES COAST GUARD LICENSE | 1985 | SEA SCHOOL
• Licensed to operate or navigate passenger carrying vessels up to 100 tons and 100 miles offshore
OPEN WATER SCUBA INSTRUCTOR | 1978 | PADI COLLEGE
• Certified as PADI Master Diver Trainer
• Specialty Instructor in Underwater Photography, Search and Recovery, Underwater Hunting, Night Diving, Deep Diving, Wreck Diving
• Recognized as being one of PADI’s 0top instructors
ENGLISH TEACHER AND TUTOR | SELF EMPLOYED | DATES FROM 2017 - TO PRESENT
• Create lessons plans and motivate students of various levels, Business English, and young learners. Assisted students in preparing for employment exams.
STEVE KIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY | SELF EMPLOYED | DATES FROM 2013 - TO PRESENT
• Organize, plan and direct online sales, Sales in Galleries and event photography. Teach photo workshops in post processing, composition and beginning photography. My work has been exhibited in North and South America
SAN MATEO FINE WOODWORKING | SELF EMPLOYED | DATES FROM 2013 – TO 2017
• Responsible for sales, customer relationships, ordering of materials, analyzing pricing of raw materials and formulating pricing for final product, manufacturing furniture and all task involved with managing and running company
SAG HARBOR KITCHENS | SELF EMPLOYED | DATES FROM 2004 - TO 2013
• Relocated to assist business owners, new to the Kitchen and Bath industry, in establishing and building a successful kitchen and bath design firm. Built business from (2) employees to approximately (15) in under (3) years with substantial positive impact on profitability. Responsible for the design and build-out of the showroom.
• Established sales procedures to insure profitability, design feasibility, and created a conduit of communication between design staff and installation crews.
• Created training programs for designers to increase sales and feasibility of projects.
CONTINUOUSLY EMPLOYED IN VARIOUS ROLES IN THE KITCHEN DESIGN INDUSTRY FROM 1990 TO 2013
• Served as General Manager, Project Manager, Quality Control Supervisor, and Field Supervisor and as draftsman. Involved in supervising and coordinating, as well as design and drafting of Kitchens, baths and furniture. Assisted building contractors on site to insure proper location and set-up for electrical, plumbing and mechanical as it related to the projects requirements.
KC CHUNG TAE KWON DO | SELF EMPLOYED | DATES FROM 1992 - TO 1994
• Taught all levels of Taekwondo, from beginners thru black belts
FRANK’S DIVE SHOP | SELF EMPLOYED | DATES FROM 1977 - TO 1990
• Responsibilities include creating lesson plans, promoting, and organizing all levels of Scuba instruction from entry level thru assistant instructor.
• Taught six specialty classes
• Provided dive master training for staff members
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|