I have no unique approach to all students. My first session consists of 'getting know of each other' and 'determining the right approach'. Each student is different and I has different needs, so I always try to find the best 'teaching style' for each of them.
I am a certified Substitute Teacher and I have been math tutor for 18 years. I have Bachelor degree in civil engineering and Masters degree in Industrial engineering. Tutoring and teaching is my passion, this is my dream job and I give 100% while doing it.
$/h 20 for elementary and mid school
$/h 25 for high school
$/h 30 for college (calculus)
Math, statistics and science tutor and certified Substitute Teacher with 18+ years of experience in one–on–one, classroom and online tutoring and teaching.
• Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Analytical Geometry, Linear Algebra, Statistics
• Curriculum design and lesson planning
• Student evaluation and support
• Using technology in the classroom
• Preparation for American standardized testing and school entry exams
• Microsoft Office XP, Minitab, AutoCAD, SketchUp,
• English, Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, Macedonian
Freelance Math, Statistics and Science Tutor 10/2000 - Present
Independent and with Various Agencies, Nis Serbia and Chicago, IL
• Tutor one-on-one, small groups and online with 100% success based on improved test scores and class grades as well as student responses
• Develop and implement lessons plans and creative methods to tutor over 50+ students in the U.S and 2000+ students internationally
• Provide online help on demand between sessions
• Assign, check and correct homework on daily basis
• Tutor and teach more than 15 students with special needs and learning challenges
• Utilize specific, measurable and achievable academic goals for students to create customized teaching strategies to increase student effectiveness
• Use technology (computers and graphing calculators) and programs, applications and graphing tools (GeoGebra, Desmos) during tutoring sessions to improve learning outcomes
YWCA Metropolitan, Chicago, IL 02/2018 - 04/2018
• Developed curriculum and lesson plans for prepping CAST exam for construction and skilled trades
• Taught and prepared 30+ adults for taking the exam
• Adapted teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests
• Tutored approximately 10 students who needed extra help
• Created and graded 5 tests and assignments
• Wrote weekly reports about students’ progress
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Digital Math Instructor 10/2018 - Present
YouTube, Chicago, IL
• Create educational videos for preparation for Math competition ‘Kangaroo’ in Serbian, basic Statistics, Excel and Minitab and for standardized test prep (ACT and SAT) in English.
MSc in Engineering Management 2014
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Nis, Republic of Serbia
BSc in Engineering Management 2008
Faculty of Industrial Management, Krusevac, Republic of Serbia
BSc in Civil Engineering 2000
College of Applied Technical Sciences, Nis, Republic of Serbia
American MENSA, member since 2009
Intertel, member since 2017
Perfect! We hired Milena to help our son, an engineering major, work on his Calculus skills over the summer. We found her to be serious, yet friendly, and very knowledgeable. As my son said, she really 'knows her stuff!' We would definitely recommend her!
Professor Milena has been my tutor for a year, teaching me descriptive geometry, different areas of math and physics. She is the most helpful teacher that taught us, her students, how to find the most effective and easiest ways of solving any kind of problem or task. One of her many virtues is explaining everything with the utmost clarity, in an approachable and fun way. During our lessons, she was very communicative and easy going, which eased our studying and made her earn our trust. I would highly recommend to everyone to take up her classes!
Milena is my math tutor for some time now. She is intelligent and dedicated to her teaching. She is very patient and excellent tutor. She is great person to help you if you have any problems with math.
Great professor, one of the most dedicated people I've met. Passionate about her work, patient with students, exellent in her area.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest arithmetic lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, precalculus & calculus lessons for all!
Taking calculus lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|