I have no unique approach to all students. My first session consists of 'getting know of each other' and 'determining the right approach'. Each student is different and I has different needs, so I always try to find the best 'teaching style' for each of them.
I am a certified Substitute Teacher and I have been math tutor for 18 years. I have Bachelor degree in civil engineering and Masters degree in Industrial engineering. Tutoring and teaching is my passion, this is my dream job and I give 100% while doing it.
$/h 25 for elementary and mid school
$/h 30 for high school
$/h 35 for college (calculus)
Math, Statistics and Science Tutor and Certified Substitute Teacher with 20 years of experience in one–on–one, classroom and online tutoring and teaching.
• Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Analytical Geometry, Linear Algebra, Statistics
• Curriculum design and lesson planning
• Student evaluation and support and using technology in the classroom
• Preparation for American standardized testing and school entry exams
• Successful teaching experience and working in a multi-ethnic environment
• Microsoft Office XP, Minitab, AutoCAD, SketchUp, SQL
• English, Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, Macedonian
Harper College, Chicago, IL 09/2019 – Present
• Tutor higher level Mathematics, including several levels of calculus, probability and statistics.
• Assist students in understanding subject material.
• Maintain records of students tutored.
• Use instructional technology (computers and TI graphing calculators) and programs, applications and graphing tools during tutoring sessions to improve learning outcomes
Wilbur Wright College, Chicago, IL 07/2019 – Present
• Develop lesson plans and instructional materials.
• Create language appropriate math problems and worksheets.
• Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
• Use different methods and teaching styles.
• Assign, check and correct homework on weekly basis.
• Create and grade tests and assignments
Afterschool Enrichment Solutions and Chess Scholars, Chicago, IL 12/2018 – Present
Chess and STEAM Instructor
• Teach small groups of elementary and mid school students (5-9 kids in a group) chess
• Show new players from basic tactics to advanced strategies
• Help students to acquaint the ups and downs of winning and losing
• Establish team goals and plan for chess preparation and competition
• Deliver STEAM-oriented instruction (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) through Project-Based Learning methods and independent design projects (Electrical Circuits, Building Chain Reactions, Robotics and Smart Art).
YWCA Metropolitan, Chicago, IL 02/2018 - 04/2018
• Developed curriculum and lesson plans for prepping CAST exam for construction and skilled trades
• Taught and prepared 30+ adults for taking the exam
• Adapted teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests
• Created and graded 5 tests and assignments
• Wrote weekly reports about students’ progress
Freelance Math, Statistics and Science Tutor 07/2017 - Present
Independent and with Various Agencies, Chicago, IL
• Tutor one-on-one, small groups and online with 100% success based on improved test scores and class grades as well as student responses
• Develop and implement lessons plans and creative methods to tutor over 50+ students
• Provide online help on demand between sessions
• Assign, check and correct homework on daily basis
• Tutor and teach more than 15 students with special needs and learning challenges
• Utilize specific, measurable and achievable academic goals for students to create customized teaching strategies to increase student effectiveness
• Use technology (computers and graphing calculators) and programs, applications and graphing tools (GeoGebra, Desmos) during tutoring sessions to improve learning outcomes
Mathnasium, Chicago, IL 09/2017 - 01/2018
• Tutor one-on-one and small groups of children (up to 5) using Mathnasium curriculum and recourses with 100% success based on improved test scores and class grades as well as student responses.
• Help the students gain confidence in their math knowledge and improve in their math education.
• Focused on strengthening math fundamentals by building math skills and number sense.
• Wrote daily reports about students’ progress.
Freelance Math, Statistics, Science and Engineering Tutor 10/2000 – 07/2017
Independent Tutor, Nis, Serbia
• Tutor one-on-one and small groups of students 100% success based on improved test scores and class grades as well as student responses.
• Develop and implement lessons plans and creative methods to tutor over 1000+ students
• Assign, check and correct homework and projects on daily basis
• Tutored and helped K-12 and College Students with homework and projects in Math and Science.
• Tutored and helped Engineering College and High School students with school assignments in Engineering Statics, Perspective Drawing, Descriptive Geometry and Technical Drawing (2D and 3D), both by using Technical Drawing Tools and software applications (AutoCAD and SketchUp).
• Tutored and helped Economics College and High School students with assignments in Statistic and Business Statistics using Minitab and Excel.
• Communicated effectively with students and parents on a regular basis.
• Guided and counseled students with adjustment or academic problems and interest.
MSc in Engineering Management 2014
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Nis, Republic of Serbia
BSc in Engineering Management 2008
Faculty of Industrial Management, Krusevac, Republic of Serbia
BSc in Civil Engineering 2000
College of Applied Technical Sciences, Nis, Republic of Serbia
High School Diploma, Mathematics and Computer Science 1996
Mathematical Grammar School, Nis, Republic of Serbia
Substitute Teaching License (SUB) valid through 06/30/2024, issued by Illinois State board of Education
ACT – Instructor Certification, issued by Clear Choice Test Prep
SAT – Instructor Certification, issued by Clear Choice Test Prep
American MENSA, member since 2009
Intertel, member since 2017
Perfect! We hired Milena to help our son, an engineering major, work on his Calculus skills over the summer. We found her to be serious, yet friendly, and very knowledgeable. As my son said, she really 'knows her stuff!' We would definitely recommend her!
Professor Milena has been my tutor for a year, teaching me descriptive geometry, different areas of math and physics. She is the most helpful teacher that taught us, her students, how to find the most effective and easiest ways of solving any kind of problem or task. One of her many virtues is explaining everything with the utmost clarity, in an approachable and fun way. During our lessons, she was very communicative and easy going, which eased our studying and made her earn our trust. I would highly recommend to everyone to take up her classes!
Milena is my math tutor for some time now. She is intelligent and dedicated to her teaching. She is very patient and excellent tutor. She is great person to help you if you have any problems with math.
Great professor, one of the most dedicated people I've met. Passionate about her work, patient with students, exellent in her area.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest arithmetic lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, precalculus & calculus lessons for all!
Taking calculus lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|